By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - why the last of us:remastered will be a hit on the ps4.

It's going to get good sales,because it's coming out at the perfect time. that's the only game of note coming out at all this month. Even then,diablo 3 comes out three weeks later,then destiny comes out on sept 9. Sure you have other smaller games coming out inbetween,but my point still stands. The last of us:remastered on the ps4 will get enough time in the spotlight. I think it will be a hit on the ps4 for that reason alone. thoughts?

Around the Network

Except there is a reason hardly any games come out in the middle of the summer...

I dont see it selling up to 1.5M copies though.

because its The Last of Us.

Perfect Release Time. I agree with you.

Probably move a few consoles as well. I plan on getting it again.

Around the Network

Even if it doesnt sell initially, people that didnt have it before will possibly buy and people that previously owned in on PS3 may get the itch to play it again be it at release or 5 years later. Its safe money for Sony and I am not going to speculate numbers but it will certainly profit many times over.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

It's one of the greatest games of last gen, it's going to sell well :)

I think it will be a hit because it is the last of us, multiple game of the year awards for last year, rated 10 at all good news outlets, and thousands of people missed it.

1. It's an awesome game that at $50 offers over $60 worth of content even if it were just the PS3 version with the DLC (as in not counting the improved visuals, controls with DS4, online functionality with PS4, and framerate increase)
2. It's coming during the Summer drought which helped the first game imo
3. It's bundled in EU
4. MANY PS4 owners are converts who never got to try the original and many others are people like me who want the definitive version and sold their PS3 copy after the first teaser (steelbook copy went for $100 on Ebay cha ching remastered paid for).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

fireburn95 said:
I think it will be a hit because it is the last of us, multiple game of the year awards for last year, rated 10 at all good news outlets, and thousands of people missed it.

*Christopher Lee voice*

tens of thousands

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers