By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Destiny Alpha Impressions / Feedback / Discussion Thread - Character Customization Vid added!

Updated impression:

1. The Game is beautiful in motion.

2. It has a slight cell shaded look which surprised me. Its subtle but certainly there.

3. The open explorable area is pretty huge, and has a day to night cycle. 

4. The combat feels amazing. For those familiar to Halo you'll feel right at home, though there are some differences.

5. The Tower area is really cool and does feel like an MMO. There you'll see lots of other players and can interact with them, party up, or just shop for items in the local stores.

5. Enemy AI is solid but not amazing. As of right now it feels like a step down from Halo's enemy intelligance.

6. The Sparrow, (you're speeder bike) is amazing and a blast to drive.

7. You'll see lots of other players in the open world but not enough to be bothersome. Its pretty cool seeing a fellow Hero out on their own journey in the stars.

8. While in free roam mode you can side quests just like a traditional RPG.

9. Enemy factions feel very diverse. When you come across two races in the same area often times they will be battling to destroy one another. You can choose to hang back and pick off the survivors or go in guns blazing fighting both races at once and claim the delicious loot they will drop.

So far any doubts I had about this game are gone. Bungie is going to deliver.

And did I mention, the game is beautiful yet?!

Direct Feed Capture. Make sure to set resolution to 1080p!

Multiplayer footage on the Moon map

Character Cusomization

Around the Network

is it just for the US,the destiny alpha

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

tagged

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'll be uploading gameplay footage as well as screens all direct feed from my capture card tonight.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
I'll be uploading gameplay footage as well as screens all direct feed from my capture card tonight.

where are you in the states,is it in the middle of the night for you now

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Barenziah said:
BenVTrigger said:

11 30pm here. I should have some footage up in the next hour

BenVTrigger said:
Barenziah said:
BenVTrigger said:

good,

the alpha is WW,i guess our emails are in the post

i'm interested to see about destiny as i am not really an FPS man i was going to make a thread but there has been a few,i was wondering if it is the right type of FPS to be a big success as it seems like more of an rpg type shooter,i'm only guessing of course as i don't know anything about it

they are ploughing a lot of money & marketing into it and it isn't like a COD or BF really is it,could be a risk of sorts

Barenziah said:
BenVTrigger said:

good,

the alpha is WW,i guess our emails are in the post

i'm interested to see about destiny as i am not really an FPS man i was going to make a thread but there has been a few,i was wondering if it is the right type of FPS to be a big success as it seems like more of an rpg type shooter,i'm only guessing of course as i don't know anything about it

they are ploughing a lot of money & marketing into it and it isn't like a COD or BF really is it,could be a risk of sorts

Alpha codes for the public go out at 12pm PST

I was invited in early by Bungie

tagged