By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Professor Layton or Pokemon?

I want to buy a new DS game, but I don't know which one I should get. Should I get Pokemon Diamond/Pearl or Professor Layton and the Curious Village. Both of these games look good to me, and I haven't played either one. The last Pokemon game I had was Pokemon Red, so obviously it's been a while since then. I don't know much about Professor Layton, but I keep hearing good things, and it looks really interesting. So, which one should I buy?

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

Both, but if you are looking for a game that will last you a while, Pokemon is like 60 hours in just the single-player. Layton is only about 13-15. Both are great though, and don't skip either if you get one now.

I personally hate everything Pokemon but that aside you know Pokemon is going to be more of the same and also consider Since Layton is made by Level 5 you can't go wrong with it anything they do turns to gold and it's quite unique.

You also might want to try Hotel Dusk and the Ace Attorney series.

I would say Pokemon because I've played it (it also being my the first Pokemon since Red/Blue), but I haven't played Layton, so I can't really say. But Pokemon is definitely a solid choice, especially if you like Red a lot, and want to "get back into it."

Ryudo said:
I personally hate everything Pokemon but that aside you know Pokemon is going to be more of the same and also consider Since Layton is made by Level 5 you can't go wrong with it anything they do turns to gold and it's quite unique.

You also might want to try Hotel Dusk and the Ace Attorney series.

He hasn't played Pokemon since Red... a lot will have changed.  That said, I can't say you're wrong about Hotel Dusk, Layton, or Ace Attorney either.

Around the Network

Pokemon will last you much longer, but if you have played previous installations of pokemon, layton will provide you with a new experience with a brilliant story and presentation

I'm still playing Diamond and Pearl, but Diamond a bit more now. I have around 380 hours, but only 4 badges still lol I just lvl up all of my characters. I have all the Pokemon by using the AR, but I just like training and grinding exp a lot more than Poke Dex, so I hacked for that reason.

Pokemon will last longer, but I don't know about Professor Layton. Looks weird and boring. I got Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for Christmas, and I've barely touched it and I prefer to play Pokemon more >_>

I have clocked about 300 hours in Pokemon Diamond; that says a lot about the game's replayability.

Well it seems that Pokemon is the definite favorite here. I do want to try Professor Layton eventually though. I feel bad because my DS is terribly neglected. The last game I bought for it was The New Super Mario Bros when the game launched! Eventually, I will also try to get Ace Attorney and Hotel Dusk. I need to show my DS some love. Thanks for everyone's suggestions, but now I'm off to Wal-Mart to pick up my new Pokemon game.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

I will recommend to you the professor layton... is good for your brain and is very fun.

but I am not a big fan of pokemon, Last one I finished was ruby

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989