By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No More Heros

I've read many different reviews on many different websites and magazines and I'm confused if I should get it or not.

What do you think about it? Should I purchase it? Wait until it becomes cheaper? Not even bother? 

Around the Network

^ Get no more heroes it is an have to get game. It is on  the top 5 wii games on my list.

It seems really good, I'd buy it if I could.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

People have said it's really good and others have said it was terrible.

If you have a twisted sense of humor, like action games, and are keen to werid details, I fully endorse buying it. I beat it four times personally just because I enjoyed the insane characters, fun combat set-up, and occasional jabs at modern gaming and gamers amongst other things.

EDIT: I hate to sound like an ass, but I think a lot (not all of course) of people who hated No More Heroes simply didn't get it. I think at least some people who got it thinking it's a "serious game", when in fact it's much more of a tongue and cheek parody of "serious game" and many of thier cliches.

Take for example the mini-games. Where you go to collect trash, or coconuts. Some people hated these. I loved them. Why? I think they’re a hilarious joke on the bitch work a lot of modern games dish out. You’re given a clearly demeaning simple task, but your boss always makes a huge deal about it when you get there. For collecting coconuts he tells you there’s big money in them, and that there are worth more than human lives, and that Coconuts are god in Santa Destroy! Then you spend three minutes collecting cocnuts and bringing them back to a drink stand. Cracked me up. Reminded me of the all useless investigation missions in Assassin’s Creed where someone goes on for two minutes and then I just collect flags on roof-tops.

The other thing to note this isn’t a GTA style free roaming sandbox game. It’s a hack and slash action title. You can cruise around the city, but nothing terribly interesting happens until you step on an icon, and go somewhere else.

Around the Network

If you like cult movies and other weirdness, you'll love NMH.

Yeah, it's got some issues. It could have used an extra coat of polish. But if you like ultra-violence adulterated with raw madness and garnished with the most delicious cheesy dialogue, then you want to have No More Heroes.

Strawberry on the shortcake!
*Goes on a bloody rampage*

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

get it, im already playing for the third time, i beat it twice,

I am on the 4th assassin and its great. I really like the game, its just something different.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Re-reading your rant from earlier this game might be an ideal fit for you provided you have the before mentioned twisted sense of humor. Think Quentin Tarantino.

You complained about the term “serious gaming”, and over emphasis on processing and graphical power, and generally annoying asses at your school who insist Nintendo consoles are kiddie.

Like I said No More Heroes parodies a lot of elements of “serious” video games, it’s art style is a stark contrast to modern HD games appearance, and a game where you regularly decapitate dozens of mindless thugs and fight bizarre and sometimes perverse professional killers might help to shut up the people badgering you.

famousringo said:

Strawberry on the shortcake!
*Goes on a bloody rampage*

I see you Strawberry on the Shortcake and raise you a Cranberry Choclate Sundae.