By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

vivster said:

That's not how someone who wants to be world champion should play.

Champions win, and Germany won.  It is hard to not see them at least make the semi finals now.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
RolStoppable said:
Stupid Portugal, you were supposed to play 1-1. Good riddance.

To be fair, the Ghanian keeper wrapped up the ball, put on a bow, and delivered it to Ronaldo.

It was awesome.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Augen said:
vivster said:

That's not how someone who wants to be world champion should play.

Champions win, and Germany won.  It is hard to not see them at least make the semi finals now.

They were dominating a team that is several levels below them. This game showed nothing. The only good thing I take from this is that it probably won't be as bad in the next game, seeing how infuriated Löw was.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

They were dominating a team that is several levels below them. This game showed nothing. The only good thing I take from this is that it probably won't be as bad in the next game, seeing how infuriated Löw was.

It showed that Germany does not slip. Spain slipped, Italy slipped, Germany did not.  That sort of consistency is remarkable to never implode or have a bad World Cup.  The fact you ar einfuriated by how you win should show how high the standard is for Germany.

Thanks Ronaldo for securing me 3 points. Congrats to the US for making it to the second round, this surely wasn't Portugal's tournament. 6 points total, that's as much as yesterday already.

I think Belgium has little to fear, but they probably wouldn't want to risk a loss. Russia should be able to advance. Good luck Belgium!

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Scisca said:
Sticking to funky names of countries

Portugalia 2:1 Ghana
Stany Zjednoczone 1:3 Niemcy
Algieria 2:1 Rosja
Korea Południowa 0:3 Belgia

it's like every language has a different name for our country ... weird

But our is easily the cuttiest and funniest. We pretty much call you "The Speachless"  

Now we have two games in which Europe faces off Asia. I'm supporting Europe - go Belgium, go Algeria!! 

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

spurgeonryan said:
Will US 100% play Belgium no matter what?

No. There is a 90% chance we play them, and 10% we play Algeria.

Scisca said:

Now we have two games in which Europe faces off Asia. I'm supporting Europe - go Belgium, go Algeria!! 

Russia's the one in Europe... And Algeria is in Africa .

Pretty sure that was harder to miss than to score for Mertens

after seeing that huge miss in front of the goal. yep, i got nothing to worry about.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5