By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Burek said:
Ref is doing a flawless job. Penalty was evident, red card deserved, no denying either. If anything, linesman missed an obvious offside by Portugal, that would have been an unfair score, but even the Portuguese players knew they were offside and stopped playing.

I predicted 3:0, but I doubt that Germans will slow down. Now I hope they score as many as they can, they deserve it. So far, the best team in the tournament.

No wonder that you barely got any predictions right so far. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Mind you, I say this as somebody who despises Portugal.

Luckily, I couldn't care less what you think, because in my brief time here I came to a conclusion that you are the last person whose opinion should matter.

Xevross said:

Lol its not at my peril though.

Ah, well, 2010 showed we can be scrappy in the group stage.  Best of luck to you in an interesting group you have.

Pepe should not have got involved after the contact,that is simple,he was obvioulsy not thinking and paid the full price

basic error of being suckered in,you'd think footballers would know by now,especially in the biggest games of all at world cups

Above & Beyond

Augen said:
Xevross said:

Ah, well, 2010 showed we can be scrappy in the group stage.  Best of luck to you in an interesting group you have.

Yes that is true. And we're gonna need the luck.

Around the Network
Augen said:
Xevross said:

good to see a US fan who understands the WC feeling,i know a couple of tottenham fans who will be getting excited in seattle right now for the big game

how are the timezones for you,not too bad are they

Above & Beyond

meh, germany has stopped moving - this team just isn't as passionate as our 2010 team

episteme said:

Portugal already had 2 substitutions, they can't save Ronaldo + Nani...

Yes, the penalty was probably wrong, but the red card was right. It doesn't matter how hard the headbutt was. It will only matter for the number of games he's banned. I think it will be two, a hard headbutt would be something like 5.

yes lucky he didn't listen to us,coentrao gone

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

good to see a US fan who understands the WC feeling,i know a couple of tottenham fans who will be getting excited in seattle right now for the big game

how are the timezones for you,not too bad are they

Matches are mid day to evening, which is fine. I am leaving the office and going to a pub meet to catch the US match tonight at 18:00 local time.  They are having a big screen to watch as well in the downtown city square nearby.

It is taking time, but every World Cup our numbers are growing.  ~30 years ago people didn't even know it was going on, now we number well into the millions and millions who follow the game.

Lafiel said:
meh, germany has stopped moving - this team just isn't as passionate as our 2010 team

come on,it is 31 C or something and job done,

i know you must have high standards but trust me your players do well for you unlike most others 

Above & Beyond