By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who are your favorite game developers and why?

Hey everyone, My favourite game developers of all time in order are:

1. Blizzard:I must have spent a great deal of my life playing Warcraft 2, Starcraft, and Diablo 1, and 2.  I feel there games are innovative and almost set a bar that everyone is trying to reach.  Take for example, Silicon Knights talking about Diablo 2 and WOWC at various points throughout there GDC press conference.  Looking forward to Starcraft 2!!  You get your money's worth every single time with Blizzard, its a pity they don’t get into the console market.2.

Square Enix:Final Fantasy 7! Final Fantasy 8! Crono Trigger! XenoGears! What can I say; many of the best games I ever played as a kid were developed by Square.  In fact, I am currently playing Crono Cross on my PSP which is bringing back some memories.  In terms of JRPG's they have set the bar pretty high and I find it amazing how in every game they manage to innovate something that is so simple to play. 

3. BioWare:I like BioWare for the story in their games.  Although they may be relatively new, they have created some masterpieces.  KOTOR and now Mass Effect are truly games that you don’t see every day.  From the action mechanics to the story, they provide the full package for RPG’s.  I look forward to the next batch of games they create for the PS3 and Mass Effect (Fix the frame rate)!

4. Techmo (Team Ninja):God damn can Ryu chop the s**t out of people.  Ninja Gaiden was by far my favourite game of last generation.  Good story but most of all the best game play mechanics I have ever used for any game period!  For me to put them at number 4 for one game is pretty ridiculous but I feel for the Action genre they produce the best games.

5.  Bungie and Valve:Halo and Counterstrike, no need to say more.  I don’t think I really need to justify this at all as both game franchises have sold millions and millions of copies around the world.  Really, they have redefined the FPS genre for both PC and Console gaming.

Honourable Mentions:

Capcom: Street Fighter, DMC, Megaman

Konami: MGS Series, Winning 11 Series

Electronic Arts: I work for them so I should put them on here!!!! Hehe, best sports games year after year.   

Thoughts?!?!?!

Around the Network

incognito: twisted metal black, war of the monsters, downhill domination.... then nothing for awhile and a couple ps3 games.

naughty dog: jak and daxter series (except daxter for psp) and uncharted

clover (when they still existed): viewtiful joe, okami

Don't really have one anymore.

Was Square then they started sucking, then Quest... which Square absorbed... and that didn't go well... then enix... and well. You can see the theme.

Since then i've just been playing games that have been good and have paid zero attention to the developer.

Well aside from 2K... as 2K sports always has the best sports games.

Atlus maybe.  Haven't played an Atlus game i haven't liked.

BioWare: Creator of some very awesome RPG's & they never fail to deliver.
Insomniac: They pump out spectacular games all to often.
SquareEnix: Final Fantasy... Thats all I need to say.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

I'm not putting an order:

Intelligent Systems=Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, WarioWare, Paper Mario, Planet Puzzle League, Tetris Attack(Best development team Nintendo has pound for pound)

Treasure=Ikaruga, Bangai-O, Mischief Makers, Radiant Silvergun, Bleach DS, Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, Rakugaki Showtime, Silpheed: The Lost Planet, Sin and Punishment, Astro Boy: Omega Factor, etc. etc.(By far one of the most underrated developers on Earth)

AKI=Every Nintendo 64 wrestling game released by THQ(Wrestlemania 2000, Revenge, Virtual Pro Wrestling, etc.), Def Jam fighting series, UPCOMING! Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 3! Oh Yeah!

Capcom=I shouldn't have to explain why they're on here or what they've done, unfortunately Capcom doesn't often have specific names for their development teams so it's hard to pinpoint which is best, Clover comes to mind, but they didn't make the fighting games, which is why I really enjoy them so much

Sega AM2=Virtua Fighter, Shenmue, Space Harrier, Daytona USA, Virtua Cop, After Burner, Rent-A-Hero

Criterion=Burnout, Black and the middleware engine RenderWare which powered GTA, Crackdown, Tony Hawk, and Mortal Kombat, among others  

Visual Concepts=Sports games with 2K in the title, The Bigs

Nippon Ichi Software=Disgaea, GrimGrimoire, Soul Nomad & The World Eaters, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics(My favorite RPG developer)

Those would be the favorites. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

in no order

Blizzard same reasons as OP

konami 2D castlevania games and yu-gi-oh mainly

spiderweb the best shareware RPGs anyware especially  the geneforge series

square enix good jRPGs

ubisoft sands of time trilogy ect

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Of all time...

(1) Insomniac (a constant stream of great games and often as well)

(2) Naughty dog (again a constant stream of great games)

(3)enix (the great stuff put out during the snes to ps1 era ex: valkryie profile)

(4)square (ff3, ff4, ff5, ff6, secret of mana, chrono trigger need I say more)

(5) ingognito (twisted metal, and warhawk) 

Polyphony Digital: The makers of the Gran Turismo series, each and every game brings amazing graphics, tracks and just a great level of polish to every part of their games.