By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Small details you like in games (LOCK please)

What are some relatively minor things that you like in games?

In terms of mechanics, story, presentation or anything you can think of.

I like it when the game has a time counter, so I know how long I've been playing.

I love being able to unlock extras like in Uncharted 1 and 2. Interviews withe developers, fat Drake, etc. I hated when they took it out in U3.

I like diverse characters that are not a fucking stereotype. I like how in MGS some characters are gay or bi, but they don't make a big deal out of it. They're not stereotypical, it's not a huge part of the story, they're just gay (TLOU did this too). Non stereotypical blacks/asians, etc. either (Mei Ling's 1st English dub doesn't count ;P). Actually, I like all the small details in MGS stories, in general. They're not there to carry the narrative forward, but they make the world rich and interesting

How about you, what are some small things you enjoy in games?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

VGC logged me out and I double "thread-ed" for some reason. Please lock this one.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.