By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Visual Novels, Anyone?

I've only played Tsukihime, awesome story !!, now i would really like to play Fate, my best friend has it so i think i'll play it soon.

ooh... and the Phoenix Wright games are really good too, also i think i need to play Hotel Dusk too :) 

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Around the Network
Tavin said:

I've only played Tsukihime, awesome story !!, now i would really like to play Fate, my best friend has it so i think i'll play it soon.

ooh... and the Phoenix Wright games are really good too, also i think i need to play Hotel Dusk too :) 

I never imagined I'd actually meet someone who played Tsukihime here in VG. Thats quite a pleasant surprise. Ive actually haven't beaten Tsukihime yet, im down to my last route, even though i started playing a year ago >.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I've only heard of the anime for Tsukihime and watched like 2 episodes I think.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

They are turning that Agatha Christi book into a game.... Am I offbase with what a "visual novel" is?

linkthe2nd said:
I've only heard of the anime for Tsukihime and watched like 2 episodes I think.

I would not recommend watching the anime, it sucks really really bad.
Its really not worth watching, even as a fan of the novel I found it very tedious to watch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

Yeah, I should know. I never really got past the second episode ^^;

I would highly recommend Clannad VN though. Sooooo goood..

linkthe2nd said:
Yeah, I should know. I never really got past the second episode ^^;

I would highly recommend Clannad VN though. Sooooo goood..

Well the Tsukihime novel is really good. Id highly recommend it if you enjoy Visual Novels.
I would have skipped it myself if I saw the anime first.
Im lucky I read it just because of the respect I have given to the creators of Fate.
Of course Fate is also recommended, its my first VN, and im glad it was. 
Its takes story telling to a whole new level.

Well ill take your recommendation.
though Im not really a big fan of VN's. Id rather watch anime when I have the free time.
VN's eat up too much time and gives really little story progression for the time spent(though it is highly entertaining)
Usually I just follow where the series I really like go(especially if its anime adaptations doesnt finish the story).

edit: Fudge, I went to check my usual import shops and they were sold out of clannad.
this sucks...

Well, I downloaded Clannad with an English patch.
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41420
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77237
First link is the voice patch with the game, and second one is the patch that replaces all the text into English. Torrent files BTW.
It's an awesome VN, sooo dramatic. I love it, because the anime seems to have gipped the screentime of my favorite character.