By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair patch with normal controls: CONFIRMED!

How many people played this game here?

Around the Network

I don't think this is going to help the sales of Lair... it might be good news for the few who didn't already trade it in.

6 hours spent realizing a big budget and big promises meant big disappointment when the game delivers big bugs. No desire to play it again. Plenty of desire to warn others against it.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

PooperScooper said:
How many people played this game here?

I have.  My friend and I rented it, mostly just to see if any game that looked that awesome could be as bad as it was reviewed.  We found out that yes, a game that looks that awesome can in fact be as bad as it was reviewed.

I've got the game, the controls are the BIGGEST problem by far.

There are some framerate problems for sure, but the game is definitely eye candy. It's beautiful flying over the ocean with the moon shining around you while listening to it's musical score.

The second biggest problem AFTER the motion controls is that it didn't have a "mini-map" so the objectives were difficult to complete--it could get confusing. It's easy to lose yourself on missions because some of the "maps" were MILES of distance and objectives were unclear.

But eitherway, I'll gladly take it off my shelf, wipe off the dust, and enjoy playing it once they release a patch for its controls--I can deal with framerate drops and being lost on a map if it's easy to steer the damn dragon.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

Then either

A. my sister with downsyndrome is better at games than you are because she can play it

B. You have a grudge or something shoved somewhere

Or C You are too critical.

Take your pick.

DragonLord said:
I've got the game, the controls are the BIGGEST problem by far.

There are some framerate problems for sure, but the game is definitely eye candy. It's beautiful flying over the ocean with the moon shining around you while listening to it's musical score.

The second biggest problem AFTER the motion controls is that it didn't have a "mini-map" so the objectives were difficult to complete--it could get confusing. It's easy to lose yourself on missions because some of the "maps" were MILES of distance and objectives were unclear.

But eitherway, I'll gladly take it off my shelf, wipe off the dust, and enjoy playing it once they release a patch for its controls--I can deal with framerate drops and being lost on a map if it's easy to steer the damn dragon.

The dragon view was the minimap your objectives were red.

I found the biggest problem the video that inturpted game play.

The 2nd biggest problem was the 180 only working about 90% of the time. Other than that the controlls were fine. I had one friend who tried to play it waive his hands around like an idiot. He didn't like the game he thought the controlls were unresponsive. I had another friend use slight movements and he quite enjoyed the game and didnt have problems.

PooperScooper said:
Then either

A. my sister with downsyndrome is better at games than you are because she can play it

B. You have a grudge or something shoved somewhere

Or C You are too critical.

Take your pick.

You generally want to avoid insulting mods for no good reason. Just some general advice there. I will take D personally. The D option is the game sucked ass for myriad reasons and they are finally getting around to fixing one of them and that will help make the game playable. I am sorry your fanboyism doesn't let you see a bad game for what it truely is, but I hope one day you can get past it. Lair was a train wreck of a game and will likely never be any good.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

That is hardly insulting. Now if i said "You are stupid mod you don't know what you are talking about because you are a damn fool. You big fat ugly piece of dog turd" that would be insulting. I'm sorry... did I say it was a good game? Please quote me where I said that. Go ahead try to.

PooperScooper said:
That is hardly insulting. Now if i said "You are stupid mod you don't know what you are talking about because you are a damn fool. You big fat ugly piece of dog turd" that would be insulting. I'm sorry... did I say it was a good game? Please quote me where I said that. Go ahead try to.

When you claim someone is putting words in your mouth it is generalyl a good idea to be able to show where those words were put in. Did I ever claim you said it was a good game? Not at all. I said your fanboyism did not let you see a bad game for what it is. When you give someone three options to defend their opinion that a game sucked, and everyone of them is insulting you are trying to defend a game. Your attempts to defend the game and in a clearly insulting manner shows your inability to accept that Lair sucked.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229