Best God Of War Game

God of War 40 15.56%

God of War 2 71 27.63%

God of War Chains of Olympus 2 0.78%

God of War 3 130 50.58%

God of War Ghost of Sparta 4 1.56%

God of War Ascension 10 3.89%

Total:257

One of favourite action games of all time.I have played all of them except Acension.I would give the vote to 3. The gameplay and QTE are amazing in the third installment.Let me know guys what you think is the best one.

Around the Network

Toss up between 2 and 3 for me.

Have played them all, it is my favorite franchise and I love sony santa monica as a studio. It is hard to choose between 1 , 2 or 3. Acension or the psp gow games were not bad but they did not reach the same quality as the trilogy. But in the end I have to with god of war 3, that game was so good in many ways. Stil one of the best looking games to date in some areas and one of the must fun game experience I ever had.

I love god of war 3's HUGE scale and playing it at that time just blew me away it was the best looking game when it came out. Fighting poseidon and chronos wow such wow much impress.

No contest. God of War. Everything goes down from there.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I haven't payed Ascension so no idea.  The first three games are nearly identical in gameplay aside from some minor changes or visuals, so I guess I'd say the third.  The best God of War game to me isn't saying much though. I think X Men Origins Wolverine is a better game.

I'll say this

PS2 - Best is GOW 2
PSP - Best is GOW Ghost of Sparta
PS3 - GOW Ascension. Overall one can argue that GOW 3 is better and I can understand why. It had a better story and it was more epic since it was the final chapter, but I have much more fun and challenge with Ascension.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

GoW 3 > GoW 2 > GoW:GoS > GoW > GoW: Asc > GoW: CoO

I'd have to say one. While certainly not the pinnacle of the series in terms of gameplay, the story presented was by far the best.

God of War is the best. It was so fresh and had game play methods I had never seen before. The second one moved the camera some what which I immediately did not like as much. All others afterwards were not as fresh thus making them a little less enjoyable. I was much less of a gamer when the original came out and it just blew me away.