By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - .P Harrison: Third parties can only reach 40% of Wii owners.

All I'm concerned with is the fact that 40% of Wii install base is quickly growing to mean 100+% of PS3 installbase.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
alpha_dk said:
antfromtashkent said:
**SNIP** 

Well, if that is your point than your point is wrong.  Please wait while I search for a post someone made in another thread comparing sales of some 3rd party games on Wii vs. the other two consoles.  Wii won a significant part of the bouts.  Now, if you amend it to say, "THE THIRD PARTY GAMES ON THE WII THAT I CARE ABOUT DO NOT SELL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON OTHER CONSOLES", well I would not be able to argue against that.

I will edit this post when I find the other post. For now - feel free to look up PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360 GH3.  Wii isn't in last place, I can guarantee you that.

i would really love to see that post. cause if u look at the million sellers NOT including RE4 wii has 4, PS3 has 5 and xbox i dint even bother to count, but its some crazy ammount. and im not trying to be an a** h***. 

I couldn't find the post so I am recreating it.  However, it was a post comparing multiplatform Wii/PS3/X360 releases, and while Wii did lose some of them (like the sports ones, and Need for Speed I think, although we'll know when I finish re-creating it with apologies to whoever created the first one), it won a portion of them too (like Pirates of the Carribean), and came in not-last in a portion of them (like GH3).  So saying that the same games (which is all that we can compare) don't sell as well is wrong.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

alpha_dk said:
antfromtashkent said:
alpha_dk said:
antfromtashkent said:
**SNIP** 

Well, if that is your point than your point is wrong.  Please wait while I search for a post someone made in another thread comparing sales of some 3rd party games on Wii vs. the other two consoles.  Wii won a significant part of the bouts.  Now, if you amend it to say, "THE THIRD PARTY GAMES ON THE WII THAT I CARE ABOUT DO NOT SELL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON OTHER CONSOLES", well I would not be able to argue against that.

I will edit this post when I find the other post. For now - feel free to look up PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360 GH3.  Wii isn't in last place, I can guarantee you that.

i would really love to see that post. cause if u look at the million sellers NOT including RE4 wii has 4, PS3 has 5 and xbox i dint even bother to count, but its some crazy ammount. and im not trying to be an a** h***. 

I couldn't find the post so I am recreating it.  However, it was a post comparing multiplatform Wii/PS3/X360 releases, and while Wii did lose some of them (like the sports ones, and Need for Speed I think, although we'll know when I finish re-creating it with apologies to whoever created the first one), it won a portion of them too (like Pirates of the Carribean), and came in not-last in a portion of them (like GH3).  So saying that the same games (which is all that we can compare) don't sell as well is wrong.

so the Wii will get another GH. but that still dosent help Wii's cause because that game would sell on the dreacast if it was available (sarcasm) since the game dint have to be gimped to work on the wii, < and that is one of the main problem that the wii is facing.... that the games for it most of the time have to be built from the ground up. and TPD just dont wanna bother.

The post you (alpha_dk) might have been looking for is mine. Link. In it I compare some multplat games across PS3/360/Wii.

antfromtashkent said:
alpha_dk said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:

actually no..... my point was that 3rd party titles dont sell as well on the wii so please prove me wrong

So NMH would have sold better on the DS? If that's your point I agree completely. I also stand by my assertion about the day-old bento.

no actually i just said what my point was ^^

I know. And I was agreeing that "3rd party titles don't sell as well on the Wii" as they would on the DS. So is that a yes?

LOL NO! did u see me type DS somwhere? i dont know if they would that is an assumption

So what is your point? Your arguement is that NMH sold less than SMG and 3rd parties better sit up and take note? I'm still not following your arguement. Maybe you could explain it better.

ok im gonna goahead and restite my point once again.... (THIS IS THE BEGINING OF MY POINT) THE THIRD PARTY GAMES ON THE WII DO NOT SELL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON OTHER CONSOLES (THIS IS THE END OF MY POINT) i dint say that that its fair that TPD gimp wii games. i said that that is a problem that the wii has to take care of.

Well, if that is your point than your point is wrong. Please wait while I search for a post someone made in another thread comparing sales of some 3rd party games on Wii vs. the other two consoles. Wii won a significant part of the bouts. Now, if you amend it to say, "THE THIRD PARTY GAMES ON THE WII THAT I CARE ABOUT DO NOT SELL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON OTHER CONSOLES", well I would not be able to argue against that.

I will edit this post when I find the other post. For now - feel free to look up PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360 GH3. Wii isn't in last place, I can guarantee you that.

Actually NOT counting RE4 Wii ( why ? ) they are 5.

However units sold and profit are two different beast and success is measured by the latter.

What I mean is that we must considered how many a software house invest to make a title to judge sale potential and financial success.

Try to competing with the first world publisher  ( Nintendo ) using third string team is laughable.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:
alpha_dk said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:

actually no..... my point was that 3rd party titles dont sell as well on the wii so please prove me wrong

So NMH would have sold better on the DS? If that's your point I agree completely. I also stand by my assertion about the day-old bento.

no actually i just said what my point was ^^

I know. And I was agreeing that "3rd party titles don't sell as well on the Wii" as they would on the DS. So is that a yes?

LOL NO! did u see me type DS somwhere? i dont know if they would that is an assumption

So what is your point? Your arguement is that NMH sold less than SMG and 3rd parties better sit up and take note? I'm still not following your arguement. Maybe you could explain it better.

ok im gonna goahead and restite my point once again.... (THIS IS THE BEGINING OF MY POINT) THE THIRD PARTY GAMES ON THE WII DO NOT SELL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON OTHER CONSOLES (THIS IS THE END OF MY POINT) i dint say that that its fair that TPD gimp wii games. i said that that is a problem that the wii has to take care of.

Well, if that is your point than your point is wrong. Please wait while I search for a post someone made in another thread comparing sales of some 3rd party games on Wii vs. the other two consoles. Wii won a significant part of the bouts. Now, if you amend it to say, "THE THIRD PARTY GAMES ON THE WII THAT I CARE ABOUT DO NOT SELL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON OTHER CONSOLES", well I would not be able to argue against that.

I will edit this post when I find the other post. For now - feel free to look up PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360 GH3. Wii isn't in last place, I can guarantee you that.

Actually NOT counting RE4 Wii ( why ? ) they are 5.

However units sold and profit are two different beast and success is measured by the latter.

What I mean is that we must considered how many a software house invest to make a title to judge sale potential and financial success.

Try to competing with the first world publisher  ( Nintendo ) using third string team is laughable.

because that was a port from GC and a guaranteed sucsess since it was already a huge sucess. like i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's 

I think he is pretty much telling the truth. The only 3rd party game to totally take off was Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (and guess what...it had Mario in the title...).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

antfromtashkent said:

because that was a port from GC and a guaranteed sucsess since it was already a huge sucess. like i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's

So any game that has guareenteed success doesn't count?

This just in: Million sellers (that count) for each console are as follows:

360: 0

PS3: 0

Wii: Carnival Games is the only one

Wii wins. 

EDIT: THANK YOU Stever.  I didn't even check in Crazzy's thread! Blargh! In any case, see Stever's post above for the one I was talking about.  Here is mine.  I am leaving it up cause I spent time that I should have been doing homework making it... 

Ok, ordered roughly by how 'bad' for the Wii they are:

FIFA 08
PS3: 1.14
360: 1.03
Wii: 0.46

Need for Speed: ProStreet
360: 1.09
PS3: 1.02
Wii: 0.4

Madden NFL 08
360: 2.1
PS3: 0.75
Wii: 0.55

Need for Speed: Carbon
360: 1.26
PS3: 0.72
Wii: 0.28

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
360: 1.05
PS3: .71
Wii: .56

Call of Duty 3
360: 1.96
PS3: .55
Wii: .36

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
360: 2.32
Wii: 1.72
PS3: 0.87

The Simpsons Game
360: .6
Wii: .55
PS3: .35

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
360: .88
Wii: .76
PS3: .24

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Wii: .88
360: .53 (although LSWII sold .87, which is still less than Wii's)
PS3: .39

Sonic the Hedgehog
Wii: .83
360: .4
PS3: .23

This selection may be unintentionally cherry picked; I tried to grab indiscriminately everything that was out on all three before I got bored.  Others can feel free to add more... I think Pirates of the Carribean, Harry Potter, Spiderman, and some others could all be added.

In any case, as it shows, Wii can hold its own vs. the other two consoles.  Saying it can't is a blatant lie.  

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Stever89 said:
antfromtashkent said:

So any game that has guareenteed success doesn't count?

This just in: Million sellers (that count) for each console are as follows:

360: 0

PS3: 0

Wii: Carnival Games is the only one

Wii wins. 

i dint say that...   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^