By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Kingdom Hearts should go to the Wii?

Business wise it makes sense but the game would be bad.  Attack would be mapped to swinging at thats mostly all you would do. I cant see KH3 on it but maybe a side story with a changed formula. Also the graphics would not live up, I think they should switch to PlayStation.

What are your thoughts?

Play B3yond

Around the Network

How would the graphics not live up? That makes no sense, as the Wii is much more powerful than the PS2.

And controls. Do you have any idea how they would be implemented? No. Can you say for sure there would be no classic controller support, just in case you couldn't stand motion mapped controls? No.

I think KH would be awesome for the Wii. (BTW, I'll have a Wii and a PS3 within a month). Does it need HD graphics? Blu Ray discs? Hell no. Kingdom Hearts games are all about being fun, which seems to along with the Wii a lot better than the PS3. I've wanted KH for the Wii since before the Wii and PS3 were even released.

Personally, I think the handhelds (BBS and 358/2) are SE/Disney's way of "testing the water"; I think that their attach rates to their respective systems will have the final say in whether KH is for Wii or PS3.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

No, I want it on the PS3. The cutscenes AT LEAST would be better. If they make you swing the wiimote to swing the keyblade, that's retarded. They could make it a button rather than a swing, but still.......PS3.

Why would the graphics not live up?

If it was good enough for the PS2 wich was the weakest console last gen why would it not work on the Wii?

The controll issue is old it´s just about as boring as pushing one button all the time so I rather swing my wrist and get more into the game then I would have by just pushing buttons.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Kingdom Hearts was one of my favourite games for the PS2, and I'm only going to be getting a Wii so I hope it comes to it plus Wii has sold the most so it makes sense.

Wii has as good graphics as PS3 anyway.

Around the Network
JBoogie said:

Business wise it makes sense but the game would be bad. Attack would be mapped to swinging at thats mostly all you would do. I cant see KH3 on it but maybe a side story with a changed formula. Also the graphics would not live up, I think they should switch to PlayStation.

What are your thoughts?

As someone who hated the games on PS2 and likely would hate the games just as much on either the PS3 or Wii, my pressing concern is business. It makes the most business sense to put the game on the Wii, an opinion which you apparently concur with. 

Therefore, in reference to your titular query, yes.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

JBoogie said:

Business wise it makes sense but the game would be bad. Attack would be mapped to swinging at thats mostly all you would do. I cant see KH3 on it but maybe a side story with a changed formula. Also the graphics would not live up, I think they should switch to PlayStation.

What are your thoughts?

Eh, it'd be better then PS2 graphics, so i can't see how you'd say it wouldn't live up. If they do put it on wii they should go with the "No More Heroes" control scheme. That seems like the best strategy for games like this. Most attacks A, with finishers or specials on the slash.

Either way i'm not much to care... as I can't really get into a game that mixes Disney characters with Final Fantasy characters. Even if they used the good Final Fantasy Characters.

Disney is just too... Disney. I was always a Warner kid even when i was younger.  Disney was too childish even when i was younger. I perfered the sly refrences Warner slipped in.

HarvestMoonGoddess said:
Kingdom Hearts was one of my favourite games for the PS2, and I'm only going to be getting a Wii so I hope it comes to it plus Wii has sold the most so it makes sense.

Wii has as good graphics as PS3 anyway.

For a second there I thought you were serious.

NYANKS said:
No, I want it on the PS3. The cutscenes AT LEAST would be better. If they make you swing the wiimote to swing the keyblade, that's retarded. They could make it a button rather than a swing, but still.......PS3.
Eh....do you mean prerendered cutscenes? Now that's just silly... 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Dude you shouldnt have made this thread soon soriku will come and he will
start making all this post about how good kh will be on the wii and how disney wants it to be there because kh appeals to the same demographic as the wii you should just wait for the official announcement and dont believe in rumors.