By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Chrono Trigger remake was in development for ps2.

You didn't like Chrono Cross? If I play it as a CT sequel, I hate it. If I play it just as a standalone game, it's one of my favorites (though I'm not a big fan of the battle system.)

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

1. IT WAS NOT AN OFFICIAL SE PRODUCT

It was completely fan based.

2. IT WAS FOR THE N64

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

The above link is for the dead project, it was supposely cross platform, but completely fan written.

SE Stomped on it, and for this, I won't forgive them. 

Brave Fencer Musashi was a great game, I'd rather have a sequel tho.

*whaps a minku for a longevity berry*

blaydcor said:
You didn't like Chrono Cross? If I play it as a CT sequel, I hate it. If I play it just as a standalone game, it's one of my favorites (though I'm not a big fan of the battle system.)

There is no word to describe the feelings I have for that game. As a standalone game it is bad. As the Chrono trigger sequel, it is the worst game ever made. It sucks on so many levels it is unbeliavable. Forgetable characters, annoying music (especially the battle music), crappy gameplay mechanics, ridiculous easy difficult setting and a dumb plot.

It is pretty easy to figure out what happend. Square had the rights to make the game but lacked the talent (original developers). The plot of the game and CT do not even match (I did not fall for that tacked on link to CT plot near the end of the game). They deserve credit for trying some new ideas and concepts, but the game still sucks.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."