By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Chrono Trigger remake was in development for ps2.

http://kotaku.com/359070/chrono-resurrection-+-what-could-have-been

Around the Network

I remember when it got cancelled

Makes you disgusted with Squeenix; at least do some new Chrono stuff of their own if they're going to keep shutting down fan stuff 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I want.... NOW >

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Could that translate to a framework for a WIImake?

(I say framework to not promote the stigma of ps2 ports.)

They weren't going to makea full game, just a select few parts of CT. Would have been available for GC, PS2 and PC.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I can see how this went down at SE

Programmers- "we got the chrono trigger remake engine up and running."

Boss- Thats just silly, people dont want that, make a FF7 game thats a FPS, i hear those are all the rage in America these days also thanks to Nomura our relationship with Nintendo is better so you can make a FF- rip off for the gamecube too"

Programmers- "Sounds like a plan, no one wants a chrono trigger remake any ways."

I miss sqaure soft...

Yeah, another team made it, Squeenix sent them a letter threatening them with legal action if they didn't desist.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Fan_Projects.html

Everything Chrono Related.

YOu can read about "Chrono Resurrection" (vid you just watched) under "Cancelled Projects"

I hate Square Enix.

All I want is my flippin FFVII port on the PSN

Man, I loved Chrono Trigger. I would buy this Day 1 if it came on the Wii. A sequel would be even better. Bottom line, Square-Enix needs to stop making remakes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest and get back to Chrono!