By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - No 360 price drop?

I am starting to wonder if there really will be a 360 price drop anytime soon.  The Canada price drop seems more like an adjustment then a true price drop since the price was just brought down to equal NA.  If they drop the price in NA would Canada follow or would they stay higher just because.  Also based on the numbers on this site the 360 is mainly struggling in japan and others so why not have a price drop there instead of Canada. It took them 2+ years for their first price drop how long would they wait for the second?  Are they banking on the software to push sales rather then a price drop?  Guess time will tell though I wouldn't be surprise if they do nothing. 

Around the Network

I think Japan wouldn't care so much about another price cut. If you look at it, not even PS3 price cuts got them much more interested in it than they were last year. It seems like Japan has chosen its console for this generation, and that's the Wii.

IMO, Microsoft (and Sony) should focus on Europe and USA.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

About 2-3 weeks before GTA IV would be my guess.

And if MS wants to right this ship, it will need to be a good price drop. $249 or $279 for the Pro.

I think a $199/279/349 price strategy would really push sales without absolutely annihilating profits.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

moi ça me plairaît bien une petite baisse

rocketpig said:

And if MS wants to right this ship, it will need to be a good price drop. $249 or $279 for the Pro.

I think a $199/279/349 price strategy would really push sales without absolutely annihilating profits.

That would be good, but there'd really be no place to go from there.  They could drop the Arcade to fifty bucks and not lose any money, cause they don't sell.  I don't think that they'd do that huge of a price drop for all systems cause what would they have left to do once sales slowed again?  I think that $249/$300/$400 is likely where it will be next time, But I do see the elite going for as low as 380.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
rocketpig said:

That would be good, but there'd really be no place to go from there. They could drop the Arcade to fifty bucks and not lose any money, cause they don't sell. I don't think that they'd do that huge of a price drop for all systems cause what would they have left to do once sales slowed again? I think that $249/$300/$400 is likely where it will be next time, But I do see the elite going for as low as 380.

If the rumors are true, by this time next year MS should be ready with the new mobos and converged chipset. That will drive costs down further, possibly allowing another price drop. 45nm Xenon should be ready by this time next year, too.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Agryos said:
moi ça me plairaît bien une petite baisse

Translation: I could go for getting screwed over a little. (cleaned up for the children)

They will but just before GTA4 (as rocketpig said)

We are not enought close of the GTA4 release and making an annoucement about a futur is completely stupid ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:

We are not enought close of the GTA4 release and making an annoucement about a futur is completely stupid ...

If they're planning a pricecut before GTA4, why did they drop Canada's price this week? They could have kept screwing Canadians until that drop.

Will they drop Canada's price yet again for GTA4 (and have 2 Canadian price drops in 3 months time) or will they drop America's price for GTA4 and therefore Canadians will be back to getting screwed?

Dogs Rule said:
libellule said:

If they're planning a pricecut before GTA4, why did they drop Canada's price this week? They could have kept screwing Canadians until that drop.

Will they drop Canada's price yet again for GTA4 (and have 2 Canadian price drops in 3 months time) or will they drop America's price for GTA4 and therefore Canadians will be back to getting screwed?

That is exactly my point.