By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pay it forward: I just gave a overweight, andre the giant sized, African American five dollars for gas

spurgeonryan said:

Do you think he will do something good for someone else now?

I thought I would go for a drive just now at 0130 in the morning to find some nose spray for my gf. Since I am off from work tonight, I thought, sure why not. So after discovering a few places were closed, and fapping in one of the store parking lots ( yes, it was pre-meditated, I brought a napkin left over from the Jesus ressurrection holiday) I ended up at the British Petroleum gas station. I think that is what it stands for. Anyways, I digress, I went in and bought the new Lebron James Sprite, a pink lemonade, mexican chilli candy that I will not eat, and a lemon hostess cake and 15 dollars in gasoline. Lucky me the fuel truck was there, hopefully I got the good stuff.

After sitting there watching tv on the gas station, eating my 500 calories and filling my tank, I remembered I had forgoten bout the nasal spray. So after a few more minutes deliberating on the matter I decided to follow a white man into the station in the pouring rain. Yes, I forgot to mention the rain. While in there, a black man said his card was messed up and he hoped it worked here. The indian teller proceeded to tell him it declined.

My man insisted the card was just broken and then walked away in a inner turmoil induced panic trying to decide what to do. I asked if he needed gasoline and he told me he was empty.

I then offeed five bucks and erased 1,000 years of miss communication. Do you think he will pay this kindness forward? Anyone ever have an occurance like this before?

I think he will. If hes in the right situation. And you did the right thing.

And the Lebron James sprite is really good

Around the Network

It was nice of you to help him. I'm not sure if he will ever offer that kindness to you or anyone else, but atleast you feel good that you helped someone.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

My reaction to your story: 

I mean, I didn't even get the physical description of the black man in that story, which was about 80% of the thread title.  What is going on in your head right now?  Are you sleep deprived?  Or are you always like this outside of Mafia games? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

That's hot.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Give a man 5 bucks and he will drive for a day. Teach a man to walk and he will know how to get around all his life.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

You're way behind, bro. I bought an old lady a full tank of gas, gave a stranded couple $20 for gas (and watched as they bought $10 worth of gas and some cigarettes), bought NobleTeam 360 an Xbox 360, paid off a stranger's layaway last Christmas.

Whether it gets paid forward or not is no big deal. Makes me feel good.

Final-Fan said:

I mean, I didn't even get the physical description of the black man in that story, which was about 80% of the thread title.  What is going on in your head right now?  Are you sleep deprived?  Or are you always like this outside of Mafia games? 

I have to agree with this. The man's decription was what your headline was about, but the story really had nothing to do with his physical features at all. Was this man being black or him being very tall what enable the op to remember him showing kindness to a fellow human being? Did he not see people like him often - at least so much so that he had to point out his race and his size? Did he normally not help black people or people in general? I mean, this story says more about the op than it does about what he's actually talking about.

QuintonMcLeod said:
Final-Fan said:

I have to agree with this. The man's decription was what your headline was about, but the story really had nothing to do with his physical features at all. Was this man being black or him being very tall what enable the op to remember him showing kindness to a fellow human being? Did he not see people like him often - at least so much so that he had to point out his race and his size? Did he normally not help black people or people in general? I mean, this story says more about the op than it does about what he's actually talking about.

Spurge talks about black people all the time but he doesn't mean anything by it.  I think he's like the only white guy in a black neighborhood or something.  Don't read too much into it.

spurgeonryan said:

Do you think he will do something good for someone else now?

I thought I would go for a drive just now at 0130 in the morning to find some nose spray for my gf. Since I am off from work tonight, I thought, sure why not. So after discovering a few places were closed, and fapping in one of the store parking lots ( yes, it was pre-meditated, I brought a napkin left over from the Jesus ressurrection holiday) I ended up at the British Petroleum gas station. I think that is what it stands for. Anyways, I digress, I went in and bought the new Lebron James Sprite, a pink lemonade, mexican chilli candy that I will not eat, and a lemon hostess cake and 15 dollars in gasoline. Lucky me the fuel truck was there, hopefully I got the good stuff.

After sitting there watching tv on the gas station, eating my 500 calories and filling my tank, I remembered I had forgoten bout the nasal spray. So after a few more minutes deliberating on the matter I decided to follow a white man into the station in the pouring rain. Yes, I forgot to mention the rain. While in there, a black man said his card was messed up and he hoped it worked here. The indian teller proceeded to tell him it declined.

My man insisted the card was just broken and then walked away in a inner turmoil induced panic trying to decide what to do. I asked if he needed gasoline and he told me he was empty.

I then offeed five bucks and erased 1,000 years of miss communication. Do you think he will pay this kindness forward? Anyone ever have an occurance like this before?

I fail to understand what the race of any person in this story has to do with anything.  Why stop there, what type of white man was it, how white, lots of different types, we need to know if he was more germanic or something else, how dark was the black guy, whereabouts were his african roots,what region was the indian guy from, all this information makes a big difference to what may have been a touching story.