By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the one thing that annoys me about the playstation network.

I went to get a playstation card,then when I got back and tried to get into the playstation store,it said it was down for maintenance. I also could'nt play anything online,despite playing battlefield 4 online just a few hours earlier. This seems to happen at least once a month. It's always when I'm off and have time to play on the my ps4. I don't recall xbox are nintendo ever having to do maintenance all the time. It's not something that makes me mad,but it annoys the hell out of me. Anybody else feel the same way?

Around the Network

Of course it annoys me, but they always send out warnings on Twitter, Facebook and blogs when it's happening.

Since they also get new deals every month, i dont mind at all a small maintnance time a month. I think you are overeacting.

they give warnings but they pick terrible times to do it..

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

oldschoolfool said:

I went to get a playstation card,then when I got back and tried to get into the playstation store,it said it was down for maintenance. I also could'nt play anything online,despite playing battlefield 4 online just a few hours earlier. This seems to happen at least once a month. It's always when I'm off and have time to play on the my ps4. I don't recall xbox are nintendo ever having to do maintenance all the time. It's not something that makes me mad,but it annoys the hell out of me. Anybody else feel the same way?

They do it about once every 6 weeks but I would say it effects me about once every 4 months or so. It is true when it does effect you it does seem to be when you have plenty of time to play. Today is the first time I have had an issue with it since the PS4 launch that I can recall

Around the Network

It really happens a lot more than once a month, their were weeks where I hardly could complete a Rayman legend online challenge thanks to the network, also at night it happens a lot aswell that it fall out for a second or ten kind of annoying when you are in a game..

GamechaserBE said:
It really happens a lot more than once a month, their were weeks where I hardly could complete a Rayman legend online challenge thanks to the network, also at night it happens a lot aswell that it fall out for a second or ten kind of annoying when you are in a game..

I've never heard anyone say that, seems like it's on your end, not Sony's.

GamechaserBE said:

Yeah I never lose my connection randomly. Probably on your end.

Was the same last gen. I wonder what they actually do in these times.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Was the same last gen. I wonder what they actually do in these times.

I am a computer networker and I can not think of what they could possibly be doing. But obviously PSN is way over my head