By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did you buy wii because of price or is it just better?

Because of the 1st party titles.

Around the Network

I wanted to impress the ladies.

kingofwale said:
wii4eva said:

I'm doing a survey of how many people just bought wii because its cheaper than the other consoles, and how many bought it because its awseome. Please post your answer a,b, or c. Please no spam.

a)Because it was cheaper

b)Because it was better

c)Other

I have to go with C (I don't own a Wii)

Still trying to justify buying the console, Since the biggest selling point for Wii is the motion control, while the games I want (SSBB and MK) work better without it. For now, I simply am waiting for better use of the motion control.

I don't think that's it, I think it's selling point is bridging the gap between people who don't and people who do game, motion sensing is just a big plus in my eyes and a means to bridge the previously stated gap. A lot of games allow use of a classice controller/gcn controller or hardly use motion even if they use the remote.

In a lot of better games the motion is hardly intrusive to any extent, and really doesn't do much to change the experience while some games are all about the motion controll. You can actually make your choice I like that the control system is not as rigid.

C: Because I like it better

i bought a wii because Nintendo consoles are the best they offer tht games that i want to play the most my opinion.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

b) because it is better

the other 2 have obsolete controllers

i woulda paid 600 for wii sooner than 250 for ps3/360

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

I bought the Wii for motion control and social gaming as my PC is not really able to cover those features very well 

B, bc quality and Loz:TP at launch is why i bought mine right away.

"Like you know"

i bought it because Nintendo has yet to fail me. And Sony has failed me many times in the past.
Nintendo Consoles Broken: 0
Sony Consoles Broken: 3

I bought a Wii mainly for the games. Back then I didn't really care if the Wii had motion controls or not, I just wanted to play the next Mario and Zelda.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!