By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Reggie: Wii Will Outsell Xbox 360 in US by June

Unless they are stock piling it seems doubtful to me.

Around the Network

its only 1.5m behind its very likey

I thinks it quite obvious that Reggie planted nanochips in our brains while we slept and he's going to activate them in May so we all buy 3 wii's. I know, it's amazing.

I agree; those are definitely some bold words. Of course, Reggie's been known to make statements like this in the past before.

At the start of this year, I said that I thought Wii sales would pass 360 sales in America in late spring or early summer, thinking specifically of May or June. It would make me look pretty good if Reggie turns out to be correct! I guess we'll have to wait and see what the Wii supply looks like. I do think we'll see a repeat of last year, with fairly conservative shipments up through the end of Nintendo's fiscal year (March), and then a huge surge in supply afterwards.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Smash will be out, Wii Fit and Mario Kart as well. So, as most think here, it comes down once again to supply. Perhaps this is a hint of what will be announced at end of fiscal year. Namely, that production has been boosted again from the 1.8M a month.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Around the Network

If the Wii's NA sales does outnumber the 360's NA sales then that means....that means....the Wii's NA sales will outnumber the PS3's total sales?!?!

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Bold, but not completely impossible. Let's keep a mental note of this so we can keep checking as time goes on. Should be interesting to see if he's right. I mean he's PR so he has to be publicly optimistic, but calling the shot like that is still pretty bold.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Send him an email and invite him to the Predicitions League.

John Lucas production numbers Confirmed! lol

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

ClaudeLv250 said:
Reggie knows something we don't.

This is exactly right.  Reggie doesn't come out and make predictions like this that are just going to be untrue.  He'd look foolish.