By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite generation of video games.

Mine is the 4th generation. There were so many good games then. What is yours?

Around the Network

The current one.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

This one. Don't get me wrong the classics are great and I like going back and playing my 64 or DC and whatnot but as far as I am concerned gaming isn't going downhill. On the contrary we keep getting better and better games all the time and I am loving every minute of it.

I agree with the mob this one has so far been the best one

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

SNES-Genesis, followed closely by PS/N64/Saturn. This generation is third right now. Maybe it will beat the other two in the future.

Around the Network

^ That was the 4th generation snes/genesis.

To me:
5th: 3rd Gen (Nes Wasn't around, and no such thing as saving your game.)
4th: 4th Gen (Snes Didn't have enough time to enjoy it)
3rd: 7th Gen (Wii This gen isn't top because the wii gets alot of shovelware. Will be 2nd soon.)
2nd: 5th Gen (N64 first time I really enjoyed gaming! Goldeneye was great with my friends!)
1st: 6th Gen (Cube So many good games for my cube! Great multiplayer experiances!)

(PS for those confused about what Gen was what, the list on the right of the following page should help you.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28third_generation%29

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Hard to choose. This gen is the best. Like everyone says, games keep getting better and better.

Last gen, detailed 3-D characters and environments were finally achieved. That gen was the gen that everything finally fell into place, as opposed to this gen where more polish was added.

Gen five, first new steps into a brave new 3-D world were made. Everything was so fresh back then.

4th gen. Sentimental favorite. I was just the right age to play video games. 2-D perfection! Never before seen depth.

3rd gen. This is where I got introduced to my hobby. This was where the rules that dictate the game today began. The franchises we love today,- Mario, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, even Bionic Commando! This was the beginning of REAL gaming.

1st and 2nd gens were before my time.

In my own long winded way, I want to say this gen is my favorite. Video games have always been amazing. Hope that never changes.

since I feel the ps2 is the best system with the most complete library to hit the market, I'll say the 6th gen.

Followed by the snes and the 4th gen.

SNES-> Followed by this one

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."