By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Microsoft Keynote Thread

Lafiel said:
a bit unexpected, that fable 2 hasn't been dated - with gears 2 epic shows, that they can put out a game each year after all and destructible enviroments will be quite nice for 360-gamers

its not really much of an update for them though. The unreal games are always on new engine releases/ports. This is why the next UT game wont be till UE4 is released. gears is jsut running on UE3.1 which is basically a firmware update for the update. not that big of a deal for them.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

So thier big announcement was Gears 2? Duh.

XNA looks like it will be cool, but I don't know too many people that will be making games and whatnot. Also, this seems to be a blatant ripoff of what Sony was doing with LittleBigPlanet, the whole user-created thing. And now the Zune has games? How well will they control with two buttons and four directional pads? And no Fable 2 release date? This is starting to look like Duke Nukem Forever.

Considering how conservative this conference was, everyone just may be saving their big guns for E3 after all.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

^ although I think this would've been the perfect situation to give the 360 a boost with some major (and unexpected) annoucements

When is E3?

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network

Thanks rocket gets my hopes up again for at least 2 days :)

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

DMeisterJ said:

XNA looks like it will be cool, but I don't know too many people that will be making games and whatnot. Also, this seems to be a blatant ripoff of what Sony was doing with LittleBigPlanet, the whole user-created thing. And now the Zune has games? How well will they control with two buttons and four directional pads? And no Fable 2 release date? This is starting to look like Duke Nukem Forever.

You're overexaggerating. LBP clearly didn't invent user created content Zune getting games isn't that big of a deal but the NES and Gameboy managed with two buttons. And Fable 2 has like another 8 years before it's even in leagueswith Duke Nukem Forever.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

DMeisterJ said:

Huh? XNA is a rip-off of Little Big Planet? I was under the impression that XNA was a concept made years ago...

The BuShA owns all!

DMeisterJ said:

Err... User created content has been around for years on the PC. Sony can't lay claim to something that was around before they entered the console business.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

gebx said:
PooperScooper said:
Fable = no release date?
NG2 = June
GeoW = Nov.

Anything we didn't know at the begining of Jan?

Well I don't think anyone expected Gears of War 2 this year...

MS seems to announce games when they are over 50% done where Sony announces them and then starts making them. This conference is more news than Sony and Nintendo had in the last 6 months combined. Why is everyone asking "is that it?"