By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DMeisterJ said:
supermario128 said:
You guys will all see Brawl week. Wii will sell like 300,000.

LOL.  Prepare to eat crow.

O RLY?

I think it might happen.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network

(A) What I MEANT was that I disagree with your assertion that a $100 price drop would help MS more than Sony. I don't think that my point (A) merited such a snarky response since I don't mention disagreeing with the central point of your post anywhere else in my response.

(B) Yes but all that stuff is "down the road" which is why I said Sony would have trouble matching IMMEDIATE price cuts. Sure they could just reopen their gaping financial wounds while dancing in a salt shower but I'm guessing they'd be reluctant. How carefully did you really read my post?

(C) So, what does that have to do with my assertion that price drops will no longer come in C-note increments?

A. Price is definitely a huge issue for the PS3, as even the Wii wouldnt be able to pull off much better numbers at $399. Also since the PS3 will be the cheapest BR player, the PS3 at $299 puts it right within the mainstream consumer media player range.

B. What im saying is that they can recover the losses later on, or even start producing and using the smaller cheaps more immediately. They would do that before they allow the PS3 to lose its momentum on price alone. Also, I doubt the production cost for both consoles is any more than $150, so the 360 doesnt have such a huge advantage.

C.They are dropping the price faster than past generations to get within that pricing range. Small $50 dull down the effects of dropping the price. It would be more likely that Sony will drop the price to $299 before $350. Then they might begin $50 price drops, but the reductions component cost will open room for much larger price cuts, which they will take.

The PS3 might not be profitable until the last 3 years or so of this cycle. They arent cutting prices to compete with the 360 as much as they are cutting prices to get within a reasonable price range. So I expect leaps not baby steps towards that goal.

If they are stock piling and only ship 50-70K a week 300k is a 400-600% increase....

Domo-Kun said:
DMeisterJ said:
supermario128 said:
You guys will all see Brawl week. Wii will sell like 300,000.

LOL.  Prepare to eat crow.

O RLY?

I think it might happen.

YARLY?

LOL.  I just don't think that it will happen.  But I have been wrong before.

supermario128 said:
You guys will all see Brawl week. Wii will sell like 300,000,000.
We all know this is what you want to say. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

hey if you guys want to disparage my comments as BS or damage control that's fine, go ahead and ignore how it shows the weakness of PS3 and 360 demand, and how those beliefs in HD taking over, or GTA4/MGS/FF pushing the other consoles past the Wii are ill-founded

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.

;)

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

I think this week will prove even more interesting for the Wii vs PS3 war.

PS3 will get a huge bump from the HD-DVD death(Finally) and all the interest generated by GDC

Wii on the other hand will get a bump from actual shipments and all the interest generated by GDC

I think we will get huge numbers, like 150,000- 200,000 each. And perhaps the PS3 will edge out the Wii. That would be historical. Worst case, Wii gets no shipments and PS3 runs away with a huge uncontested number.

Unfortunately for MS, it's looking that it's going to finish a distant 3rd by the end of the generation. Wii remains a beast in all markets, except maybe the hardest of core, and PS3 has become the HD console of choice in Japan and Europe, and now it looks like America. This ofcourse is MS' fault. They have way too many Arcades and legendary packs in the supply chain and not enough of the SKUs people want.

In 2006 I predicted a close 33% split between all 3 makers with Wii favored to win, but now it's looking more like 45/35/20 with Wii ahead FTW and 360 behind FTL.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Avinash_Tyagi said:
hey if you guys want to disparage my comments as BS or damage control that's fine, go ahead and ignore how it shows the weakness of PS3 and 360 demand, and how those beliefs in HD taking over, or GTA4/MGS/FF pushing the other consoles past the Wii are ill-founded
You do realize that what you say can be 100% gospel truth and also 100% damage control, right? No one is saying what you posted earlier is BS.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Home is simply an amalgamation of Animal Crossing and Second Life. The target audience is so small that I doubt it would move huge amounts of hardware. No one I know buys Wii for Mii avatars. I dont see why slapping on internet connectivity would make a console avatar more appealing.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com