By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console purchases based on First Party Software.

First party: PS3

Third Party: PS3 The Nintendo First party is tired, at least for me.

Around the Network

1st Party - Wii (It's the reason I own a Wii)

3rd Party - PS3 (Final Fantasy XIII is basically the king here)

In saying that, I love a lot of Sony's 1st party stuff and they have the perfect balance of 3rd and 1st party support. Nintendo are too 1st party centric while the 360 are totally dependant on 3rd parties for survival.

I've got to go with popular opinion. Wii for first and second party and 360 for third party. I'm basing this off the here and now though. Things look to be changing in a few years.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I agree, it's pretty hard to beat Nintendo's 1st party. Twilight Princess was GOTY in 2006, Galaxy was it in '07 and I imagine SSBB and cart will be the best sellers of '08.

3rd party = 360.

i have a wii, and i dont have any 1st party games

Around the Network
11ht11 said:
i have a wii, and i dont have any 1st party games

What?! I don't see how you could do that. What other games do you have that are worth it for the Wii?

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

How could you want a PS3 for 1st Party games? I mean unless you are a hardcore Gran Tourismo fan most of their 1st party games are nothing to make you go out and buy a console. They have some nice second party stuff... Even if you combine those it is really weak. What make the PS3 worth the purchase is exclusive 3rd party games (FF, MGS, etc.)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

He could have the Godfather: Blackhand Edition, No more heros, the tons of casual games for the wii, GH3, CoD3, need I go on? There are good third party games on the wii... just not that many.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits