By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Speed run tips.

I want to make speedruns on these games smb1-3,all metroids, and all LoZ games. Does anybody have tips. Should I try doing speed runs on easier games first. I never did a speed run before btw. I will post videos of my speedruns when they are finished.

Around the Network

Move fast.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Whatever you do, don't talk to Rol about this. He'll make your speed run-penis so tiny that it'll take months to find it again.

@ oni  Nice

Roll on Zelda games.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Also the tips don't have to relate to these games they could be tips for speed runs in general.

Planning, that's the most important thing.

Soriku said:
Don't bother getting anything or stopping for anything (unless it's mandatory). Go through the game as fast as you can knowing what to do so you don't stop.

Well in most metroid speed runs people get 100% so I will do that. I also know the shortest way to beat all of the games because I beat them so many times. I'm probaly going to have trouble with the early zeldas. Mario is very linear so no problem there. 

Use an emulator, read the scenes. Those guys know every little glitch known to man

Watch them. Note their strategies, and copy them, or if you can, improve them.

www.speeddemosarchive.com
http://tasvideos.org/ (Note: Seeing as this is emulated, not so easy to copy)

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.