By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RRoD strikes at GDC!

I love the Xbox 360, but man this is funny.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=182731

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

That is hilarious! I'm going on one year with my 360 and it hasn't crapped out yet. Lucky me

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Red ring of death returns

• Darren Waters
  • 19 Feb 08, 02:41 GMT

Microsoft wants consumers to believe that its problems with the Xbox 360 console in terms of hardware failure are over.

But wandering through the Game Developers Conference halls and it's clear that the problem persists.

On Microsoft's own stand at the show one of the demo consoles has a rather familiar problem - the red ring of death. There's no way of knowing if this particular console was manufactured before or after Microsoft identified the problems with the machines.

But at the very least it's embarrassing for the company that its own stock of demo machines are still susceptible to the problem.

LINK TO VIDEO   http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/02/red_ring_of_death_returns.html

==> not funny at all ...

Time to Work !

Lol, crappy engineering at it's worst has a new name: Xbox 360.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Software perfection at it's best has the same name though Gazz, so I reckon its a fair trade-off given the repairs are free and effective.

Around the Network

So much for those saying the problem has dissappeared .If they cant solve it in their own exposition consoles how can they pretend to convince people the problem doesnt exist anymore ?

Starcraft .....keep dreaming .

Of the future you mean? Because there is no chance your arguing the PS3 has a better games line-up than the 360 now right?

thats awesome...i mean its bad for 360 but wha irony

do u realize u said "MS = software perfection"

have u even heard about Vista ?

You are right for 1 thing :

If they don't have rushed their console, they would not have a 5-6M lead in user base and THEN games like Bioshock would not have been exclusive to the Xbox360 ...

Time to Work !

That really sucks for MS, maybe they should of kept it out in the open and not inside of a tiny box.