By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 destroys 360 in others.

what huge exclusives? halo wars? rofl.

you can list all the 360 exclusives you want, none of them are going to be that great of sellers, and especially not system sellers.

microsoft has nothing and they know it, unless they can muster up a sleeper hit from a new IP they're in alot of trouble.

Around the Network
BCNR34 said:
what huge exclusives? halo wars? rofl.

you can list all the 360 exclusives you want, none of them are going to be that great of sellers, and especially not system sellers.

microsoft has nothing and they know it, unless they can muster up a sleeper hit from a new IP they're in alot of trouble.

Laugh now, cry later :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

wow, great defense, you should be on a debate team.

im not here trying to impress you. lol, simpleton's...

its not debatable just wait and see.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

BCNR34 said:
wow, great defense, you should be on a debate team.

and an even better comeback.

I think it's funny that just because the PS3 is currently selling better than the 360 Sony fanboys feel the need to declare a KO and call on MS to quit the business.   Last I checked the 360 had the most robust library of released games, and has been in the black now for two quarters.  You can piss and moan all you want, but the 360 is here to stay.

Around the Network

PS3 was outselling Wii in first 2 January weeks!

http://vgchartz.com/ehweekly.php?date=39453
http://vgchartz.com/ehweekly.php?date=39460

And you speak only about x360. LoL. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Legend11 said:
All it would take is one price drop for the 360 to remove any gains made by the PS3.

Price drop would just put it more in the Wii range and Wii has been winning that battle so doubt it would do anything...

Somehow PS3 has managed to market itself in Others as a high end console with the idea that you pay more but you get more ( Blue Ray). 

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

weezy said:
^ or a couple AAA, 360 exclusives

Remember PPL Microsoft can never lose... they have too much money.

Microsoft desides when they lose.

Lol.

Google has been destroying Microsoft in the search area and any amount of money Microsoft has been throwing at it hasn't changed a thing except every quarter Google's marketshare increases :p

It's time to stop viewing Microsoft has the unstoppable company, cause it ain't...

Lets not forget that a huge part of Microsoft sales and the majority of their profit comes from a line of product first developed 20 years ago and since then they haven't been able to repeat that success in any other area ( none of their ventures in the last 10 years have pulled the same returns and margins than Windows and Office are pulling in every year).

CrazzyMan said:
PS3 was outselling Wii in first 2 January weeks!

http://vgchartz.com/ehweekly.php?date=39453
http://vgchartz.com/ehweekly.php?date=39460

And you speak only about x360. LoL. =))

Talk about cherry-picking, lol. Crazzyman you crack me up, keep up the good work.

It will indeed be interesting to see how Microsoft approach the next 12-18 months as the PS3 is building considerable momentum and has a number of high-quality exclusives still to come.

weezy said:
im not here trying to impress you. lol, simpleton's...

its not debatable just wait and see.

The battle is taking place and getting won now in Others ( it's totally another thing in NA where Microsoft has a much better card to play).

I don't think there are many stories of products coming first to a market, getting outsold by products coming later both cheaper( Wii) and more expensive (PS3) and somehow making a come back in sales to top the others....

Microsoft problem is that it's a bit late in the generation to change their marketing to sell themselves as The High end console ( especially as they can't really change the features of the console now and anyway that is not the way they are viewed in Europe but the way Sony is)  and if they try to sell themselves as a more affordable console they are going to compete straight with Wii and at this point Wii has won the entry level battle and a lot of game developers are actually considering making some of their games run on Wii too ( CoD 5 anyone ?).