By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Home to come out soon?

Posted Feb 17, 2008 at 10:30PM

by Sally B.

Listed in: Rumors, PlayStation Network Tags: Playstation Home

Ó

We've heard about Warhawk's integration into PlayStation Home, and we're incredibly happy about the news. But there's a rumor that may make us even more giddy about Home. According to this juicy, supposedly insider, tidbit, we're going to get PlayStation Home "VERY VERY VERY soon".

According to a PlayStation forum member, he managed to get in touch with an insider, who "shared" his/her knowledge about the development of PS3 games, and the things that a game needs for it to get included in the PlayStation Home network. Check out this excerpt, and read it carefully:

A game must be able to integrate into Home, a game must support "Accomplishments". Right there, two important things, the PS3 system for achievements is called "Accomplishments", and Home is coming out VERY VERY VERY Soon.

So a PS3 game should support Accomplishments - which sounds awfully like Xbox 360's Achievements system - before it can be integrated into Home. It's pretty much plausible, and the idea of being able to share and brag about your hard earned Accomplishments fits Home's atmosphere.

Do take the above statement, which is filed under rumors for now, with a grain of salt. We sure do hope that Home is indeed coming soon, however. VERY VERY VERY soon.

Source: http://ps3.qj.net/PlayStation-Home-to-come-out-soon-/pg/49/aid/113918

I hope Sony annouces something about Home at GDC.

Around the Network

I just read this.

I kind of wonder, since Sony is going to have an announcement about Home on Thursday during the GDC, which happens to be the date that the PSN store updates.

Maybe they will announce it and release it simultaniously.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

That would be so freaking awesome, bro.

Lol, I just read this guys post yesterday at www.us.playstation.com forums in the home section. I think this guy is full of it though. There has been hundreds of posts like this the past year saying "I know an insider and he says home is coming out tomorrow!". It would be cool if this turned out to be true though.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Yeah, I've had my hopes up too many times to get too excited anymore.

We'll miss you George.

Around the Network

I agree bros, if it comes it comes. I wonder how will this feature fair well in Japan or not?

It's hard to tell in Japan, they be some wierd nuckas.

We'll miss you George.

Yeah, but that region do pick the games. I tend to like the games they pick. Playstation Home does look awesome in a way. It's more of a feature or online myspace to many, but the Japanese might look at it as a game.

Who knows, I for one am going to download it because it's free and it's not a game. It's Sony's new online interface.

Doesn't DMC4 have accomplishments that actually pop up while in-game?

Im loving the sound of Home coming soon.

But Im hating that Sony is sticking to that 'Accomplishment' bullshit. Seriously ffs, call it trophies.

@DmeisterJ

Yeah, the accomplishments appear as a pop-up after each mission I hear.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.