By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's your smartphone device and why did you choosed it?

There's a huge variety of smarthphones from a wide variety of companies and for all pockets and tastes in today's market.The reasons that make someone choose vary too.For some price is the first priority.Others love build quality and design.Big screens,bigger batteries and better specs is another valid reason.Os is one too.What's popular get's into some people minds too even if they don't admit it.So what's your mobile device?What made you choose it?Are you happy with it?

Around the Network

Great gift by the way.Did you asked it or they bought it without telling it to you?

Samsung Galaxy Note III

HD Screen, Large Screen, S-Pen, the app suite.

Those are the main reasons I got the phone. Plus I had the Note II and loved it so I just upgraded.

Samsung S4. I bought it because the Nokia 1020 wasn't available when I buying a phone and the guy at Bestbuy said the HTC One customers were having problems with the phone.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

BasilZero said:
nicktwilight said:
Great gift by the way.Did you asked it or they bought it without telling it to you?

Well never had a smartphone and parents decided to get one for themselves and one for me back in Holidays 2012!

They got a white one while I got a black one :o.

Black seems to be my favourite color for any kind of device too.It gives a premium and special tone to anything in my opinion.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Samsung S4. I bought it because the Nokia 1020 wasn't available when I buying a phone and the guy at Bestbuy said the HTC One customers were having problems with the phone.

Htc one having issues?With what?From what I hear they are pretty great in both quality of build and specs wise.

I have an iPhone 4s. Getting the Lumia Icon next week. Can't wait to get out of the IOS environment. It is a "ok" phone, but not great. Want a bigger screen and a more interesting interface.

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:
I have an iPhone 4s. Getting the Lumia Icon next week. Can't wait to get out of the IOS environment. It is a "ok" phone, but not great. Want a bigger screen and a more interesting interface.

From what you said you had a bad experience with iOs.Why's that?

nicktwilight said:
Landguy said:

From what you said you had a bad experience with iOs.Why's that?

In my home, I have 2 Iphones(me and my wife) and an ipad and an apple tv.  The one thing Apple does, is move slowly.  Sure, every app ever made is available on ios, but i don't need hundreds of thousands of apps.  Like most people, I use a half dozen apps regularly and another dozen on occasion.  If you want to cusomize anything on an iphone, good luck.  If you want to change pretty much anything, good luck.  The 4s is a capable smartphone with a really small screen.  The camera is OK, but the installed software for it sucks.  Since ios 6 came out, the phone runs a lot slower.  The other problem that I have is that I went to Sprint for a service provider, because I wanted the unlimited internet.  Sprint service sucks, and drops calls ALL THE TIME.  I assume this is a SPrint issue, as i haven't heard anything about this being a phone problem.

As far as ios goes, it is boring.  I have gone through 3-4 versions of it now, and it is basically the same.  I also like the idea of the operating systems from my phone and computers being similar.  I have also purchased 2 different Surface Pros for my home in the last 6 months and I use a surface pro for work too.

It is near the end of the end....

kowenicki said:

Nokia lumia 920 - very solid, very capable device. 

Because I was bored rigid of Apple (after having all 4 iphones up to 4) and its bland devices and Android is a shit hole of a mess of an ecosystem. (imo)

tl;dr version: I'm a diehard Microsoft fan and will support all of their devices, no matter how inferior they are. 

Seriously everyone I know who has a Windows phone or had one in one point of time, all tell me negative things about them, and tell me how badly they suck. On top of that they don't even stack up well in reviews, yikes. 

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post.