By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where are the sources that Sony making tons of monies on PS4?

Tagged games:

Lots of people spouting this runaway success that is of PS4 and making Sony gazillions.

Nobody refute those claims neither but I have yet to see any sources pointing to such profit that turn Sony around as a whole.

Anyone?

Around the Network

Profited twice more in Game Division than Nintendo company even with PS3 down a lot in sales... software sales up 64% due PS4 too.

I believe it was shown in the recent quarter results. Sony lost money as a company but PS4 was indeed profitable through software and PS+. This would be credited to PS4 selling 4.2m in the quarter.

EDIT: They profited 200m then

JayWood2010 said:

I believe it was shown in the recent quarter results. Sony lost money as a company but PS4 was indeed profitable through software and PS+. This would be credited to PS4 selling 4.2m as of December 28th.

Sony company profited ~$200m

Around the Network

I guess we'll have to wait until Q4 results.

ethomaz said:
JayWood2010 said:

I believe it was shown in the recent quarter results. Sony lost money as a company but PS4 was indeed profitable through software and PS+. This would be credited to PS4 selling 4.2m as of December 28th.

Sony company profited ~$200m

oops.  Mustve got the number mixed up with their projection.

DamnTastic said:

That's the whole Game division. Not just PS4.

Galaki said:
DamnTastic said:

PS3 crazy down in hardware/software... Vita well Vita...

What did you thing increased sales and profit?

Galaki said:
DamnTastic said:

What do you think spurred a big increase?  PS3 is down YoY and vita doesnt do much.