By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DICE Awards LIVE NOW!

ethomaz said:
colafitte said:
Bioshock Infinite winning best action game is.....meh, because the action part of the game was by far the worst part.

They need to award others games... cleary the best action game was TLOU.

Indeed...

The problem Bioshock Infinite has this year, is that everything BI does good TLOU ended doing it better: better graphics, better story, better art, better sound and music, better characters....and of course better action parts., but like you said, nobody likes the one who wons everything, so better other games get awards too

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

4 GOTY's for the 7th Gen: The Last of Us, Journey, Uncharted 2 and LittleBigPlanet

I'm talking only about Sony exclusives... PS3 the machine where you play quality.

What's more insane is that putting TLOU and Journey and UC2 aside => I hold MGS4 above LBP and so did many outlets XD

But yeah, 2013, 2012, 2009 and 2008 were years you needed a PS3. And thats excluding my loved UC3 in 2011 <3

Aldro said:
ethomaz said:

4 GOTY's for the 7th Gen: The Last of Us, Journey, Uncharted 2 and LittleBigPlanet

I'm talking only about Sony exclusives... PS3 the machine where you play quality.

What's more insane is that putting TLOU and Journey and UC2 aside => I hold MGS4 above LBP and so did many outlets XD

But yeah, 2013, 2012, 2009 and 2008 were years you needed a PS3. And thats excluding my loved UC3 in 2011 <3

Despite LBP (for me the most overrated and disappointing game of the generation), i can't agree more with U2, Journey and TLOU. Everybody should play once in their lifes any of those games, unforgetable ones....

Outside of being robbed for online and not even nominated for music =>

TLOU got 13 nominations and won 10.

For reference to DICE award GOTY winners:

The Last of Us got 13 nominations and won 10. (Despite getting no nomination for music...)
Uncharted 2 got 15 nominations and won 10.
Journey got 11 nominations and won 8.
LittleBigPlanet got 10 nominations and won 8.

AND THE YEAR WAS HARDER THEN 2009 SO TLOU #1 FO LIFE XD

The Last of Us deserved 13, but 10 is good enough.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

Around the Network

DAT DLC.

I can't wait it.

So, what's the comparison between Skyrim and TLOU now?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
So, what's the comparison between Skyrim and TLOU now?

Well TLOU is the most awarded game of the history... so there is no comparison.

Innovation in gaming to TLOU? Awesomeness in gaming yes, but innovation? TLOU is about as innovative as the iPhone, which is to say they just took a lot of the things that already exist in gaming and put them together in a cool package. Is that innovation? Maybe, but not to me.

TLOU is my personal GOTY, so I'm not criticising the innovation award because I think the game is overrated. I think the general hype for TLOU is spot on, I just think innovation is overstating things a bit.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

Innovation in gaming to TLOU? Awesomeness in gaming yes, but innovation? TLOU is about as innovative as the iPhone, which is to say they just took a lot of the things that already exist in gaming and put them together in a cool package. Is that innovation? Maybe, but not to me.

TLOU is my personal GOTY, so I'm not criticising the innovation award because I think the game is overrated. I think the general hype for TLOU is spot on, I just think innovation is overstating things a bit.

This, but TLoU isn't my GOTY, since I haven't played it yet.