By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega in take-over danger?!

konnichiwa said:
Well if it are good Japanese they prefer to die (let the company die) than being taken over..

Depends on who.  They only perfer to die when the buyer is foreign.  I mean Sega itself got purchased once or twice before.

Around the Network

Sega got bought out by Sammy, I believe. I say Nintendo is the best suitor since they both have a storied history of games. They've been rivals since the 80's.

That Guy said:
Sega got bought out by Sammy, I believe. I say Nintendo is the best suitor since they both have a storied history of games. They've been rivals since the 80's.

Yeah, that was the third time i've figured out.

It was also owned by Gulf and Western.  So maybe they would sell out to an american company.

Of course that was back when their CEO was an American in the first place.

Then it was bought back by said CEO. (minus it's US assets)

Then it was bought by another Conglomerate.  This time Japanese... until it was purchased by Sammy later on.

It's entire console history was under the Japanese conglomerate. 

Why Nintendo should buy Sega:
1. For the past two generations, Sega games have sold the best on Nintendo's consoles.
2. New Sega games would be made for the DS. There are already lots of Sonic Games on there, but I guarentee that different Sega IP's would sell very well if they were made the right way for the DS userbase.
3. Two franchises would most likely take a step into the next generation: F-Zero, and Crazy Taxi would be perfect fits for the Wii.

Why Microsoft should NOT buy Sega:
1. Sega has a huge fanbase in Japan. Nintendo does too. Microsoft does not. Sega games still wouldn't sell well in Japan if Microsoft took them over because no one has a 360, so who would buy the games?
2. Microsoft bought Rare, Rare went way downhill. You know that a new Banjo game would sell better on the Wii than it would on the 360, just like Sonic would.
3. Microsoft would most likely kill off any franchises that stopped being lucrative after the fall of the Dreamcast. Microsoft is more about the profit, and less about the gaming.

These are just my opinions on the matter, but if I had it my way, Sega would somehow gain a bunch of money, and stay it's own company. I don't want to see a the fall of a legendary gaming company like Sega.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Nintendo now is the chance buy the god dam company and bring Virtua Fighter on the wii.

Around the Network
superjon2 said:
@ Smash Brother- I may be mistaken, but it seems as if its Sammy's panchinko division that's caused the problem. Not Sega.

Then they need to ditch Sammy quick fast in a hurry.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Or they should ditch the panchinko division. I don't think they can buy their way out of the merger.

Sammy bought Sega years ago broke up the teams and took over and just used the Sega name to sell it's games but Since Sammy took over they have sucked and Sega to me the REAL Sega died when Sammy bought them and it hurt as I am a big Nintendo/Sega fan and Sega made my fave console ever with Dreamcast and my fave game ever in Shenmue.

My dream is Nintendo buys what is left of that company and also hire Yuji Naka (since he left the company) And restore the once great Sega oh and since Nintendo seems less afraid to try out different games these days.(Maybe they would let Yu Suziki finish Shenmue..pleaaaaase) Ah well one can dream.

I hope if anyone buys Sega, it's Nintendo.

Tbh they need to get N, or get out.