By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega in take-over danger?!

Lol is that why SEGA dropped from consoles and is getting sold out?

Around the Network

^or going bankrupt/out of business

I think there's a much higher cance microsoft would buy sega than nintendo, both because of the money, and ofcourse they have a history of buying companies to get on top of the world.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

MS will buy them. 360 = Dreamcast confirmed!

(I kid, I kid)

Microsoft stand the most to gain from buying them and can out gun both Nintendo and Sony money-wise.

Around the Network

@PooperScooper- No, Sega did fuck themselves up, but not from a lack of good games/IPs.

Lightning08 said:
Microsoft stand the most to gain from buying them and can out gun both Nintendo and Sony money-wise.

But Sega (mostly it's shareholders) get to choose if they accept an offer and from whom they accept that offer. Hostile or friendly.

There are multiple reasons why one can assume that they will refuse an offer from Microsoft and accept the same from Nintendo.

1) They already refused an offer from Microsoft once.

2) They wanted Nintendo to take 'em over at some point.

3) They have a really good relationship with Nintendo (Mario and Sonic at the olympics, Nights on Wii are the results from that strong friendship).

4) Microsoft represents America in the Gaming world. Japan is a very protective country and their citizens think highly of their own people. As such, being taken over by Nintendo would be more 'worthy' for them as opposed to a hostile takeover from Microsoft. 

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:
Lightning08 said:

But Sega (mostly it's shareholders) get to choose if they accept an offer and from whom they accept that offer. Hostile or friendly.

There are multiple reasons why one can assume that they will refuse an offer from Microsoft and accept the same from Nintendo.

1) They already refused an offer from Microsoft once.

2) They wanted Nintendo to take 'em over at some point.

3) They have a really good relationship with Nintendo (Mario and Sonic at the olympics, Nights on Wii are the results from that strong friendship).

4) Microsoft represents America in the Gaming world. Japan is a very protective country and their citizens think highly of their own people. As such, being taken over by Nintendo would be more 'worthy' for them as opposed to a hostile takeover from Microsoft. 

I know. I'm just saying that MS would gain a lot more than Sony or Nintendo. Sony will not be interested and Nintendo games are far higher quality and sales than Sega's anyway. Sega don't have any 'major' franchises that sell millions worldwide. They are a niche company.

Nobody hs mentioned this yet but it doesn't have to be a console manufacturer who takes over Sega. Two companies that I would like to see take an interest in Sega are Konami and Square Enix. In Both takeover cases both companies would benefit greatly. I believe Square Enix has wanted to go and make more western games which Sega has been focusing on. They would also get the rights to some great RPG series that Sega has stopped focusing on. Konami would also benefit greatly with the rights to the games that Sega owns. Both companies mentioned would also gain an increadible marketshare of the software buisness for videogames. this could possibly mean that they could be more demanding towards Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

Soriku said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Soriku said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I say Sony should buy them. I have more faith in Isnomniac's ability to make a Sonic game than I do Nintendo's.

Insomaniac isn't part of Sony, though. Besides, why would Sony make it? We're talking about Nintendo helpign Sega make Sonic, not go "Screw you Sega! we're making it now!"

Isnomniac's style and diversity fits Sonic a lot better than Nintendo's does, and it doesn't matter if they're not a part of Sony. They could still develop the game.

In what way exactly does Insomaniac fit better than Nintendo for Soic? Is Sonic more like R: FoM or Mario?

I think Sega would turn down Sony since they're not in the best position, and don't have such a good relationship with them like with Nintendo, who could support them.
 Sonic is more like R&C actually. Well... Knuckles is anyways so Insomniac would be the best fit.

There doesn't even have to be guns, minus Knuckles's. Just make a 3D Sonic game but with as good of a camera as in R&C and it would be perfect. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453