By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New SKU's inbound? Or the death of the Xbox 360?

Hey gebx thanks for the avatar mate, im seriously considering its use, but ive never had an avatar and it would be a strange departure for me lol.

OT: I suspect Microsoft is going to be the biggest player at GDC by FAR. They probably have the most unannounced exclusives, and now it seems likely they have new SKU's to announce. Possibly even a price cut.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I'm guessing they are doing a complete console redesign, and scrapping all current SKUs in the process. It would explain both the shortages in January and this. This is a quick glance at what the new 360 SKU will probably look like.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x31/naznatips/New360SKU.jpg

your a funny man naznatips

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

yeh he's so funny i almost forgot to laugh.

naznatips said:

I'm guessing they are doing a complete console redesign, and scrapping all current SKUs in the process. It would explain both the shortages in January and this. This is a quick glance at what the new 360 SKU will probably look like.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x31/naznatips/New360SKU.jpg

Heh... so those rumors of a Toshiba branded 360 to invade the Japanese market were close, just the wrong Japanese company.

Around the Network
Krusnik said:
yeh he's so funny i almost forgot to laugh.

Don't take it so seriously man.  Just a joke.

Anyway, my first part of the post was actually serious.  It seems likely Microsoft is about to release a 360 redesign.    

Dont know bout you guys, but I bursted out laughing when I saw Naz's pic, I thought he had insider info at first

though I am curious on what MS has under its sleeves.
It could be a new redesign, with a lower pricepoint with every model having an HDD. Does MS have a keynote at this years GDC?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

The bundle was limited time for the holidays. They will drop the price or introduce a new bundle is all.

I think they may be replacing all three sku's with one new single sku at the arcade price point.

DSLover said:
I think they may be replacing all three sku's with one new single sku at the arcade price point.

While I think that is incredibly, ridiculous ulikely, I have to admit that I would buy it almost immediately at that price point if it had the features of the full 360.