By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita Slim Announced For UK February 7th. £180 No word on rest of the countries.

Sony has announced the PS Vita Slim will be available in the UK on February 7, 2014.

At a briefing meeting this morning, the company confirmed the revamped handheld would launch at a suggested retail price of £180 and will replace the older, bigger Vita model as stock is exhausted. The new, slimmer PS Vita will come with Wi-Fi and a 1GB internal memory card.

The PS Vita Slim is already available in Japan, and is 20 percent thinner than the existing model, as well as being 15 percent lighter. It does away with the OLED screen for a 5-inch LCD display, which helps the battery to supposedly last up to an hour longer. The Japanese one is available in six different colours too, though now word has been made of this being replicated in the west.

The decision to release a cheaper model of the Vita in Europe right now isn't hugely surprising; given PS4's huge success in the territory, offering people remote play at a lower price point than ever before is a pretty smart move.

If you want to see our thoughts on the revamped Vita, check out our review.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/ps-vita-slim-announced-for-the-uk

Around the Network

£180 retarded...

Isn't that 20 pounds more expensive than the old one?

Expect a rise in sales.

before the release.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

AwakeandAlive said:

Isn't that 20 pounds more expensive than the old one?

And 40 pounds more than one that's on sale with a 16gb memory card and 10 games.

Around the Network

Wouldn't this be better in the US, or is the VITA still a lost cause here?

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Either they want to clear the oled inventory or someone at Sony Europe is smoking something strange, they will be lucky to sell more than a few hundred at that price in the UK.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Welfare said:
Wouldn't this be better in the US, or is the VITA still a lost cause here?

Not for that much of a price gain.

Really this is BS, I have seen Vita bundles much cheaper than this. Also no Slim Vita in USA... RIP Vita USA

Where are da gaems Sony ? .. I got hyped goddammit.