By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2013 NPD Thread! - Everything is in the OP!

Soundwave said:
Brain Age audience is definitely gone entirely. Anyone who wants to argue that is just beyond delusional.

To be fair who knows that a Brain Age game was released last year?

Around the Network
benji232 said:
This means New leaf sold 200k+ digitally. Interesting.

You know whats really strange is that Microsoft and Sony have been pushing for digital sales for years,  Nintendo finally gave in and make everything available day 1 digital, and now Nintendo seems to have the strongest digital sales.  I would have never thought in a million years that this  would happen.

ethomaz said:
Cream with Xbone YTD.

COD
BF4
DR3
FM5
RYSE
AC4
2K14
NFS
LEGO
JD2014

What about Fighter Within :D?

Purple said:
We are witnessing the end of dedicated portable gaming. Those 3DS software sales are frightening, no wonder Western third parties won't touch it with a 60 foot pole.

The less said about the Vita the better.

I really hope Nintendo acknowledge the obvious and don't bother releasing a successor to the 3DS that is just more of the same. The market has changed. Deal with it.

What..?  The only game that really bombed was Brain Age.  Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion did really well.  The rest of the figures are expected.  Did anyone expect huge sales from Etrian Odyssey, Ruin Factory, and Project X Zone?  

Purple said:
We are witnessing the end of dedicated portable gaming. Those 3DS software sales are frightening, no wonder Western third parties won't touch it with a 60 foot pole.

I really hope Nintendo acknowledge the obvious and don't bother releasing a successor to the 3DS that is just more of the same. The market has changed. Deal with it.

The pattern so far has been something new followed up with a sequel (GB/GBA,  DS / 3DS).   I have no clue what we will see from nintendo in terms of handhelds next gen, but it will be something radically different. 

Around the Network

Ponyless said:

I'm trying to remember if this game had a retail version.

ethomaz said:
Soundwave said:
Brain Age audience is definitely gone entirely. Anyone who wants to argue that is just beyond delusional.

To be fair who knows that a Brain Age game was released last year?

I have it.  It's not bad.  Pretty bizarrely underadvertised...

I don't think the 3DS sales are bad, those games are cheaper to make. Those numbers don't include rest of the world, and those titles may sell for years.

Only Sonic did terrible.

ethomaz said:

Ponyless said:

I'm trying to remember if this game had a retail version.

It did, last NPD we had it under 2k or something like that.

JWeinCom said:
Purple said:

What..?  The only game that really bombed was Brain Age.  Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion did really well.  The rest of the figures are expected.  Did anyone expect huge sales from Etrian Odyssey, Ruin Factory, and Project X Zone?  

I know right.   Those are all targeted towards the japanese and are translated to English in hopes of picked up a few million extra in sales, and expanding the library.      Luigi's Mansion sales have to make Nintendo happy considering the 1st was a Gamecube game that many people did not ever play.