By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Which console will be in first place by the end of 2014?

Which console will have the most Lifetime sales by the end of 2014?

Wii U 210 25.55%

PS4 569 69.22%

Xbox One 42 5.11%

Total:821
Figgycal said:
toastboy44562 said:
Figgycal said:
toastboy44562 said:
Xbox One America sales>Wii U total sales by the end of 2014. You guys are crazy to think Wii U will have more sales than Xbox One

Indeed. People seem to forget that Halo is coming out next year as well.  The only way I see PS4 outselling Xbox One next year is if 1. The Last Guardian comes out for PS4. or 2.The next Halo underperforms horribly.

Homie a 100 dollar price cut for the xbox one (will happen) with Halo, titanfall, quantum break, possibly a fable game, gta5 better version, assasins creed next gen, kinect games, gears announcement etc I expect it to rule America. All PS4 has right now is infamous and drive club which isn't that popular

I will make an ammendment: "The only way I see PS4 outselling Xbox One next year is if 1. The Last Guardian comes out for PS4. or 2.The next Halo underperforms horribly or 3. Crash Bandicoot is announced for PS4."

Also Quantum Break and Fable = bombs. As will Driveclub, but it's cool because it will be free on PS plus.

I don't think the Xbox One will get a price drop. Microsoft isn't Nintendo. Do you really expect a price drop before a full year in? We might see a kinect-less sku for $350 - but not an actual $100 dollar price drop.

Are you talking world wide or just America?

Around the Network

I like editing my comments. Sorry guys.

Talking America.

Figgycal said:

Talking America.

Ok. Was worried for a second lol.

360 in its first few years did about 4 million a year in America so toastboy's prediction of XBONE USA> Wii U WW is cray cray, but XBONE USA> PS4 USA is certainly a possibility.

Wii u. Smash and Mario Kart in the same year.

JoeTheBro said:
Figgycal said:

Talking America.

360 in its first few years did about 4 million a year in America so toastboy's prediction of XBONE USA> Wii U WW is cray cray, but XBONE USA> PS4 USA is certainly a possibility.

I don't know dude. I think I'm with toastboy about Xbox vs Wii U given the information we know.

Around the Network
Figgycal said:
JoeTheBro said:
Figgycal said:

Talking America.

I don't know dude. I think I'm with toastboy about Xbox vs Wii U given the information we know.

Wii U would have to sell negative units for the whole of 2013 for his prediction to be reasonable.

JoeTheBro said:
Figgycal said:
JoeTheBro said:
Figgycal said:

Talking America.

Wii U would have to sell negative units for the whole of 2013 for his prediction to be reasonable.

Anything can happen.

Plus I want some consistency in my predictions. I already made that prediction back in September.

Figgycal said:
JoeTheBro said:
Figgycal said:

Anything can happen.

True. XBONE could have a better first year than the 360's best year ever. That's about the only way for his prediction to work out.

Legendary_W said:
If there's something I've learnt about sales in this very website, is that we never know what to expect. Sales always take weird twists.
Looking at the current situation it's logical to assume PS4 will be the winner, but the real question is, will it be able to keep it's momentum? Will Wii U be able to make some sort of comeback (I'm not saying an epic one, just one good enough to compete properly against PS4)? What will happen with Xbox One? What about handhelds? I don't think that PS Vita will surpass 3DS but what if it suddenly starts selling great and 3DS sales lower making the gap between them decrease at a slow but steady rate?

Now, seriously people, we don't know what to truly expect specially since we have no idea what will companies do. Wii U + 3DS bundle? PS4 + Vita bundle? New services? What will happen when the Steam Machines come out and how will it affect the consoles sales? So much to think about.

If wii u manage to compete with ps4 it will be one of the most epic comeback but it imposible without 3rd party support same for psv it won't surpass Nintendo 3ds without 3ed party support.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

vivster said:
chakkra said:
MTZehvor said:
Call me crazy, but I'm going with Wii U here. I expect the PS4 to pass it at some point, but I think Nintendo's 2014 lineup (Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros) is enough to delay that into 2015.

I won't call you crazy. Those are pretty good games and I can see why you have faith in them; but in my opinion the PS4 has an stronger line up of games for 2014, even if it is just quantity wise.

Just to name a few: The Witcher 3, Infamous: Second Son, Destiny, The Order: 1886, The Crew, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Metal Gear Solid, Thief, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Driveclub, Dying Light, Final Fantasy XIV Online, The Elder Scrolls Online, Minecraft (I don't know what  the fuss is with this game but people seem to love it).

Now, I know some of these games are not gonna be PS4 exclusives, but they are games that are NOT gonna be on the WiiU, and are games that would make me go for the PS4 instead of the WiiU (if I were to buy another console on 2014) well, except for Minecraft.

^this.

Are Nintendo fans really that blinded by the handful of great titles for the WiiU that they ignore the great lineup the other consoles have?

I mean have a look at this and show me how much anticipated the WiiU games are in comparison to PS4/X1 titles.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41637/USA/

OT: PS4>X1>WiiU

I'm certainly not ignoring what the PS4 has, there are some fantastic titles coming its way which will definitely boost sales. I wasn't trying to make some argument as to whether the Wii U's upcoming lineup is better than the PS4 or not, simply that the Wii U has some titles that will keep the PS4 from catching up with it for a while.

Consider this; the last iterations of Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong sold roughly 50 million units combined. A sequel to each of these is being released at some point in 2014. I'm certainly not going to suggest that these titles will move 50 million consoles, but I believe they'll be enough of a boost to keep the Wii U's lead intact until 2015.