By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Patapon get a 9.2 from IGN and Editor's Choice Award!

I hope it sells well.
im hoping they also make a ps3 psn game similar to locoroco and echochrome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
I hope it sells well.

Thats a good idea...I can't wait for echochrome either by the way.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Munkeh111 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
Now how many of you guys knew that putting better materials into the alter when you create troops yields warriors with different abilities, attributes, and looks than the standard fare :D. This game is surprisingly complex with the different units xD The damn orange guys move so much faster than the rest of the pack :D

None of that stuff is in the demo though is it? I guess I will have to wait for the final game to see how complex it is.

Actually it is in the demo :D You just have to do a little bit of farming. If you do the tree mini game, or just repeat certain stages you can get better material. Did you get any of the Tender meat or cherry branches? Using either of those increases the cost of the unit but also gives him some interesting abilities :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

To do it, just go to the alter to make the guy, and move your dpad to the items in the menu, there will be two. To make the spear guys you need a meat and a branch. Go to the meat and select the "tender meat" instead of the "cafeteria meat" and you'll notice the cost will rise. From what I gather, the first material goes towards attack, and the second material goes to defense. Play around with combinations for some unique patapons :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

lolita said:
Ugh this makes me want a PSP ASAP... Ugh stupid bills/rent! >_< I wish the money trees from Sims 2 existed in real life...

this might be intruding in your personal life a bit, but wow you already pay rent?
I'm around the same age as you and im still living it easy.
all the money I get from work is disposable income.
well I do help with the bills sometimes, but still...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
iclim4 said:
I hope it sells well.

Thats a good idea...I can't wait for echochrome either by the way.

Yes, echochrome is gonna be quite the brain teaser.
If they couple it with a funny story, ala portal, im gonna be a real happy man. ^^

off topic - but why the hell didnt the Locoroco game that came out on the PS3 stay true to Locoroco gameplay mechanics and use Sixaxix to control movement? That game really pissed me off

on topic starting up Patapon now to see about these mix and match units...

dgm6780 said:
best part about this game, it will sell for $20 new !!!!!!!!

Wow, lucky you. Rip-off Britain in full flow, here!

We'll be paying £25($50 or there about) if preorders and RRPs are anything to go by. Import me thinks for this.

Hmm, pie.

How well did this game sell in Japan?

dgm6780 said:
off topic - but why the hell didnt the Locoroco game that came out on the PS3 stay true to Locoroco gameplay mechanics and use Sixaxix to control movement? That game really pissed me off

on topic starting up Patapon now to see about these mix and match units...

Dude, Locoroco Correcho was badass.  I thought the control scheme suited that kind of game perfectly.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson