By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is the XBONE innovative while the PS4 is just better graphics?

Am I right?

Yes 92 21.50%

No 202 47.20%

Wii U is the real next-gen system 98 22.90%

See results 36 8.41%

Total:428
kirby007 said:
bananaking21 said:
kirby007 said:

are you high? or just a hater?

Microsoft had a great vision, the uninformed masses didn't like it, and microsoft listened to them. doesnt mean their vision changed.

didnt bother reading anything after that. when you can hold a series argument let me know. dont bother replying. 

nice way to avoid the point! bravo!

Your point in a nutshell:

People who didn't like MS's original vision = biased and/or uninformed 
People who liked it = blind sheeps.

Did I get it right?

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
as far as i'm concerned here is, in total, the list of innovations:

ps4 - Gaikai
xbone - HDMI in

both - suspend/resume, video capture.

everything else is obvious, evolutionary, or too pointless to bother listing. these consoles are 99% the same outside of gaikai and HDMI-in right now and for the foreseeable future.

Yeah if people think neither is innovative that's a ok too. Even though I said they were both super innovative in the op, I'm happy as long as people acknowledge they're in the same ballpark.

bananaking21 said:
Imaginedvl said:

The majority of the reviews out there are saying the Xbox One brings more innovation, even if they gladly admit that Microsoft needs to tweak a lot of things.

You are just picking what "you" believe is innovative in the Xbox One basically and you are ommitting a lot of things just because it does not matter to you (of you conveniently ignore them). Your list is terrible...

Innovation = vision too, you seem to forget that a lot and Microsoft got a way bigger vision than Sony regarding their "gaming" console :)

do you have selective memory or are you just saying that because you feel the need to praise microsoft? Microsofts vision for gaming with the xbox one has been one of the biggest gaming failures ever. they did a complete reversal on its policies for a reason, it was a gigantic fail. funny how you comment on the xbox ones vision for gaming when they been working for months to make it more like the PS4's.

and please, dont get me started on Microsoft and their vision, as an hardware and entertaiment company they have been anything but visionary.

I almost ignored the whole post because of that stupid comment but well... 

As far as the vision, if you really believe that Microsoft's vision for the Xbox One is only about digital games then you kind of shortminded sir (not that I'm really surprised anyway)...

Now even if this part was a failure like you say, it was visionary and we will see this happening anyway; so in term of vision, I think Microsoft is way ahead of Sony with their more powerfull PS3. Sony is right to play the safe side tho; nothing wrong here. And if you feel the need to call that "innovation" to justify your choice, fine with me too; I totaly understand it :)

Funny how you are comparing "success" (What Sony did) and "innovation, I guess you do not really understand what we are talking about... 

Hynad said:
kirby007 said:
bananaking21 said:
kirby007 said:

Microsoft had a great vision, the uninformed masses didn't like it, and microsoft listened to them. doesnt mean their vision changed.

didnt bother reading anything after that. when you can hold a series argument let me know. dont bother replying. 

People who liked it: blind sheeps.

Did I get it right?

You got half the point right

people who liked it: who saw a tremendous value potential

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The only innovation I want to see are in the games.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Hynad said:
kirby007 said:
bananaking21 said:
kirby007 said:

Did I get it right?

Nah. If the only reason offered for people to dislike it is pejorative (as if all the reasons to dislike it can't be agreeable or reasonable from a point of view), then the other observation has to be pejorative as well. Unless.. Oh right, that's just your bias doing the talking.

kirby007 said:
Hynad said:

Did I get it right?

Don't waste your time :) He just used that opportunity to try smart-post something and insult some people of blind sheeps at the same time... 

Imaginedvl said:
bananaking21 said:
Imaginedvl said:

The majority of the reviews out there are saying the Xbox One brings more innovation, even if they gladly admit that Microsoft needs to tweak a lot of things.

You are just picking what "you" believe is innovative in the Xbox One basically and you are ommitting a lot of things just because it does not matter to you (of you conveniently ignore them). Your list is terrible...

Innovation = vision too, you seem to forget that a lot and Microsoft got a way bigger vision than Sony regarding their "gaming" console :)

do you have selective memory or are you just saying that because you feel the need to praise microsoft? Microsofts vision for gaming with the xbox one has been one of the biggest gaming failures ever. they did a complete reversal on its policies for a reason, it was a gigantic fail. funny how you comment on the xbox ones vision for gaming when they been working for months to make it more like the PS4's.

and please, dont get me started on Microsoft and their vision, as an hardware and entertaiment company they have been anything but visionary.

I almost ignored the whole post because of that stupid comment but well... 

As far as the vision, if you really believe that Microsoft's vision for the Xbox One is only about digital games then you kind of shortminded sir (not that I'm really surprised anyway)...

Now even if this part was a failure like you say, it was visionary and we will see this happening anyway; so in term of vision, I think Microsoft is way ahead of Sony with their more powerfull PS3. Sony is right to play the safe side tho; nothing wrong here. And if you feel the need to call that "innovation" to justify your choice, fine with me too; I totaly understand it :)

Funny how you are comparing "success" (What Sony did) and "innovation, I guess you do not really understand what we are talking about... 

Yup policies were reversed because of the outcry not because of lack of inovation. HE drifted off topic there.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Imaginedvl said:
kirby007 said:
Hynad said:

Did I get it right?

Don't waste your time :) He just used that opportunity to try smart-post something and insult some people of blind sheeps at the same time... 

Oh really? Nice try, kid. But he's the one talking down on people who didn't like the original ideas. Calling them biased and uninformed. As if it was impossible to disagree with them otherwise.

But as usual, you see only the things that fits your agenda.  As if you were wearing horse blinders.

Hynad said:
Imaginedvl said:

Oh really? Nice try, kid. But he's the one talking down on people who didn't like the original ideas. Calling them biased and uninformed. As if it was impossible to disagree with them otherwise.

Yah because insulting a good amount of Xbox One fans of "blind sheep" is better? Hum, really? (or do you even considerate it as a proper way to anwser?)