By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii fit will not make you fit.

there are a lot of fat gamers... this is better than nothing...

Around the Network

I'll still get it - and it will almost certainly "help" me get "fit" - as I expect it to.

I never expected it to be a magic weight loss instrument.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Anyone actually surprised by this?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Wii Fit won't make me fit? I'll be the judge of that.

Critics have said the same about Wii Sports. Let me tell you, brother, those folks have never seen me play that game. I may look like a spastic nut, but you'll never accuse me of not getting a workout.

I'm not going to purchase Wii Fit with the intent of becoming a triathlete, and I'm certainly not going to abuse my Wii Fit board by stomping on it willy-nilly. However, if it presents me with an opportunity to add some exercise time to my currently sedentary life, then that's all the better.

Alasted said:
Wii Fit won't make me fit? I'll be the judge of that.

Nah, Miyamoto only said the primary intent of the game--why they made the game in the first place--is not to make you fit. I don't see the article mentioning anything about Wii Fit won't make you fit.

Of course, it shouldn't come as a surprise that there'll probably be a lot more involved if one want to make himself/herself fit.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

ill get it regardless of what you say.

Well, I've always had a problem with it being called "Wii Fit" as it obviously does not make you fit, but I guess I've gotten over that now, but I just don't want people to walk into best buy, and buy Wii Fit, and expect to lose weight, since it's called Wii Fit

Why wouldn't doing regular exercise for someone who never does exercise not help them to become fit[ter than they were before]?

Wii will not make you wee.

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088