By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAV confirmed as Game of the Year on VGX Awards?

J_Allard said:
So did GTA V win GOTY? I think it was by far the best game nominated.

It won!!

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
I hope GTA V wins. BEST.GAME.EVER

EDIT: You're dead to me

Didn't you say something about sliting wrists?

Aldro GTA V WON!! I agreed with you when you said Uncharted 2 was GOTY (At time it was my favourite game) and agreed with you when you said Uncharted 3 was GOTY (Also my favourite game of all time) When you said TLOU was the best game ever I also agreed with you then but then GTA V came out...I'm sorry Aldro but Rockstar is now my favourite devolper and GTA V is my favourite game of all time...TLOU is in a strong second though!

Uncharted 2 had no competition really
Uncharted 3 had Skyrim, Portal 2, Arkham City to name a few but I held it higher

TLOU however, GTAV, Bioshock Infinite

And I hold TLOU higher than every game listed above because I sincerely feel it absolutely craps all over them, including my beloved Uncharteds.

I'm fairly certain GTA3 was special when it came out. GTAV builds on it and adds stuff, making it bigger and better (something both Vice City, San Andreas and GTAIV did as well). It's an improvement, a clear one. Just like my beloved Uncharted 2 & 3 are. But is it special beyond masterful? In my eyes, no. And I played it quite a bit both online and offline. TLOU wins for being something new and pushing the medium forward in writing, characters, gameplay, AI, narration and more, by far. Obviously it wouldn't matter if it wasn't masterful also which it is.

Just fucking look at dis man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaHIi9iZbGU&hd=1&t=30s

If you look back on this year in a few years time, and TLOU had even half the impact it had on you as it did for me: You will not be thinking about GTAV. TLOU hit much, much harder and GTAV is a game that will be somewhat left out once GTAVI comes, but even with a possible TLOU2: ND will have an insanely hard time reaching TLOU1.

GTAV had a disjointed story, characters that were in your face in terms of writing (Trevor being the biggest offender), narrative that just felt all over the place (I can't even begin to retell the story of GTAV to anyone and half the time, I didn't understand why I was doing what I was), poor missions where a vast majority felt recycled and *been there, done that*, the overall gameplay while in a huge world: Has been done in all GTAs prior to it, Sleeping Dogs, Mafia and hell even Just Cause, Saints Row and so forth. It's a huge world, it's beatiful: But that doesn't cut it for me. I don't play games to mess around in a world because I've done that so much already and they end up only giving me temporarily fun which eventually becomes tireing and I end up taking the taxi everywhere.

The Online is completely dreadful due to the economy system along with the auto aim majority which completely makes the game feel cheap (where the fuck were the supposed online heists?) The whole "A dot is here! Oh he killed me, I killed him!, He killed me.. and now he's driving off" , feels like a complete waste of time.

For the record dsage01, how many GTA's have you played prior to 5? I think that would be interesting to know.

Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:

Aldro GTA V WON!! I agreed with you when you said Uncharted 2 was GOTY (At time it was my favourite game) and agreed with you when you said Uncharted 3 was GOTY (Also my favourite game of all time) When you said TLOU was the best game ever I also agreed with you then but then GTA V came out...I'm sorry Aldro but Rockstar is now my favourite devolper and GTA V is my favourite game of all time...TLOU is in a strong second though!

Uncharted 3 had Skyrim, Portal 2, Arkham City to name a few but I held it higher

And I hold TLOU higher than every game listed above because I sincerely feel it absolutely craps all over them, including my beloved Uncharteds.

I'm fairly certain GTA3 was special when it came out. GTAV builds on it and adds stuff, making it bigger and better (something both Vice City, San Andreas and GTAIV did as well). It's an improvement, a clear one. Just like my beloved Uncharted 2 & 3 are. But is it special beyond masterful? In my eyes, no. And I played it quite a bit both online and offline. TLOU wins for being something new and pushing the medium forward in writing, characters, gameplay, AI, narration and more, by far. Obviously it wouldn't matter if it wasn't masterful also which it is.

If you look back on this year in a few years time, and TLOU had even half the impact it had on you as it did for me: You will not be thinking about GTAV. TLOU hit much, much harder and GTAV is a game that will be somewhat left out once GTAVI comes, but even with a possible TLOU2: ND will have an insanely hard time reaching TLOU1.

GTAV had a disjointed story, characters that were in your face in terms of writing (Trevor being the biggest offender), narrative that just felt all over the place (I can't even begin to retell the story of GTAV to anyone and half the time, I didn't understand why I was doing what I was), poor missions where a vast majority felt recycled and *been there, done that*, the overall gameplay while in a huge world: Has been done in all GTAs prior to it, Sleeping Dogs, Mafia and hell even Just Cause, Saints Row and so forth. It's a huge world, it's beatiful: But that doesn't cut it for me. I don't play games to mess around in a world because I've done that so much already and they end up only giving me temporarily fun which eventually becomes tireing and I end up taking the taxi everywhere.

The Online is completely dreadful due to the economy system along with the auto aim majority which completely makes the game feel cheap (where the fuck were the supposed online heists?) The whole "A dot is here! Oh he killed me, I killed him!, He killed me.. and now he's driving off" , feels like a complete waste of time.

For the record dsage01, how many GTA's have you played prior to 5? I think that would be interesting to know.

Wow, I didn't know you hated GTA V this much. Obviously I can do nothing to change your opinion however I disagree with you completely. 

The story and characters even though not explained as well as TLOU you got to understand them VERY well midway through the game. It was obvious that all three were complete phycopaths who killed mostly for enjoyment and other times because they were forced to. They were all fed up with their lives and they all took out their fustrations in a similar fasion yet very different at the same time. The story is 40 hours plus so it would defintley be hard to explain just like any other GTA for the matter (Yes I've played GTA 3, GTA VC and stories, GTA SA, GTA liberty city stories, GTA IV, Lost and Damned, and Ballad of Gay Tony, and of course GTA V.) GTA was one of the first games that I've owned...so I know this series inside out. Now in terms of the glitches, the online was unplayable at launch because there were waaaaaay too many people logging in but other than that I've never encountered any big issue. The gameplay was the part that won it for me. It was ridicusulay fun and there were so many fun things to do same with online. Heists were great but just free roam, missions, side missions took up so much time and I'm still going with the game..then of course the online mode has proabably the maxium amount of replayability any game has ever offered with it being exceptionally fun. Now to sum it all up

Gameplay: GTA V

Story: TLOU (This is the best story in the history of Video games)

Replay Value: GTA 

Graphics: TLOU

Multiplayer: GTA V (Wasn't a big fan of TLOU Mp)

Singleplayer: (GTA V..not by much though)

I would give GTA V a 9.8/10 and TLOU a 9.6/10 both being respectivley the first and second best game ever.

dsage01 said:
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:

Wow, I didn't know you hated GTA V this much. Obviously I can do nothing to change your opinion however I disagree with you completely. 

The story and characters even though not explained as well as TLOU you got to understand them VERY well midway through the game. It was obvious that all three were complete phycopaths who killed mostly for enjoyment and other times because they were forced to. They were all fed up with their lives and they all took out their fustrations in a similar fasion yet very different at the same time. The story is 40 hours plus so it would defintley be hard to explain just like any other GTA for the matter (Yes I've played GTA 3, GTA VC and stories, GTA SA, GTA liberty city stories, GTA IV, Lost and Damned, and Ballad of Gay Tony, and of course GTA V.) GTA was one of the first games that I've owned...so I know this series inside out. Now in terms of the glitches, the online was unplayable at launch because there were waaaaaay too many people logging in but other than that I've never encountered any big issue. The gameplay was the part that won it for me. It was ridicusulay fun and there were so many fun things to do same with online. Heists were great but just free roam, missions, side missions took up so much time and I'm still going with the game..then of course the online mode has proabably the maxium amount of replayability any game has ever offered with it being exceptionally fun. Now to sum it all up

Gameplay: GTA V

Story: TLOU (This is the best story in the history of Video games)

Replay Value: GTA 

Graphics: TLOU

Multiplayer: GTA V (Wasn't a big fan of TLOU Mp)

Singleplayer: (GTA V..not by much though)

I would give GTA V a 9.8/10 and TLOU a 9.6/10 both being respectivley the first and second best game ever.

Yeah well, agree to disagree then I suppose ^^ Personally, I've never been a big fan of GTA games as a whole either so there's that too.