By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAV confirmed as Game of the Year on VGX Awards?

Aldro said:

And if you've taken a look at the Council Advisory that vote, there are 3 Polygon people there and 1 Official Xbox Magazine guy. (I had to throw it out there).

So there you have it folkes. Congratulations to Rockstar game.

BUT NAUGHTY DOG WAS FUCKING ROBBED, IM GONNA GO CUT MY WRISTS NOW

at bolded: way ahead of you there. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173224&page=    

Around the Network

i can't say GTA is a game i have any love for but i cannot dey th amount of love the gaming conunitity in general has for this game. so deserved.

It's more deserving of GOTY awards than GTAIV ever was.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

enrageorange said:

Good thing the vast majority of both critics and average gamers, confirm that it was actually a pretty amazing game. It's fine though, no game will appeal to everyone. 

Edit:
Sorry got a little too defensive. Everyone can have their own opinion on a game.

*shrug* No problem. For what it's worth, I don't think Mario is exactly GOTY for me, either. I think the best bet is GTA, and I haven't even played it. But Mario and Bioshock are the only two of the nominees I've played directly... I've seen enough of TLOU and gotten enough opinions from friends who HAVE played it to know I don't see that as GOTY either. Tomb Raider I don't know much about.

I think they probably could have picked some better nominees, but that's just me. I know they messed up their nominees for some of the other categories -- OST looks phoned in to be honest.

Ah... so the voting on the website is completely useless. I figured as much...

Around the Network

Votes are pretty much BS when it comes to awards lol.

In your face haters. Microtransaction games win again!

biglittlesps said:
007BondAgent said:
gergroy said:
Ugh, lame. I do have to give rockstar credit for making one the most felxible games ever made. You can pretty much do anything in it, but it is far too crass for my tastes.

My vote for goty would probably go to bioshock infinite... Or the last of us. One of those two.

Bioshock infinite? that's game defined a new meaning of generic

Mario 3D world should win game of the year.

Mario 3D did not even played but atleast half million people yet, so how do you think that is best game to be accepted widely.

3D World is without a doubt more than 500k.

shikamaru317 said:

I agree with you about some of the nominations for other categories. The OST category in particular is so screwed up, there are amazing soundtracks that didn't even get a nomination, while some of the nominations are not deserving at all. 

Yeah... a lot of the categories look like they just slapped GTA / Bioshock / TLOU in there because they're the most hyped games, regardless of whether they earned a nomination in that particular category. All three of them being nominated for Soundtrack when Metal Gear Rising exists is just lazy.

If GTA V didn't win there would be hell to pay from rockstar. I believe there was an awards show that didn't nominate GTA IV for GOTY in 2008 and they got blacklisted by Rockstar. Rockstar has refused to attend the show ever since.