By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MMORPG'S on Consoles. When?

My friend was thinking about getting back into World of Warcraft, and I wouldn't mind joining her. However, I really don't want to play on a pc. Why doesn't Blizzard take it's massive amounts of money it MUST BE raking in from monthly subscriptions and make a console version? I mean I know for a fact it can work, I played FF11 religiously on my PS2, and my friend has a copy for his 360. I'd love to start seeing more cross platform MMO's for consoles as well. :/ Wheres the love?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Cross platform MMOs won't work. An 360 player pays for online, he wouldn't accept being online with a guy who does not care.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Would you pay monthly for a console MMORPG?

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Cross platform MMOs won't work. An 360 player pays for online, he wouldn't accept being online with a guy who does not care.

Well I know cross platform worked for Final Fantasy 11, we'd have lans on PS2's with PC's all the time. It just has to be addopted as a control scheme. I understand the not having cross platform with shooters and such where the different controll setups really affect the outcome of a fight. But a game like wow does not require such prescision, I found myself to be way more efficient on a PS2 controller for FFXI than I did keyboard and mouse :/ As for the 360 version of FFXI, I'm not sure how that works, but I know for PS3 and PC it's open source internet... I can't see that being a problem.

SeriousWB said:
Would you pay monthly for a console MMORPG?

If it was a game like WoW or Final fantasy of course :D I wouldn't mind paying they're online fee, hell, they could set it up just like FFXI and have your account work on both, PC and PS2. I just don't like gaming on a PC :/ I would devote time however if I could get it on our PS3.

Around the Network

If there were a PC/console crossover wouldn't PC gamers have an advantage on controlling their character? Especially considering hotkeyed skills etc.

SeriousWB said:
If there were a PC/console crossover wouldn't PC gamers have an advantage on controlling their character? Especially considering hotkeyed skills etc.

PS3 wouldn't have a problem since you can hook up a keyboard.

As for the 360, I'm sure a patch could make it keyboard friendly, its already sort of been done with the msn accessory attachement

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

SeriousWB said:

Well you could use a Wireless keyboard and what not for the PS3, but when I played FFXI, they mapped the controlls for controller use, and it worked absolutely wondefully :) I'm thinking with the time and money Blizzards got they could easily port it to consoles. I'm just wondering why they haven't :/

gebx said:
SeriousWB said:

As for the 360, I'm sure a patch could make it keyboard friendly, its already sort of been done with the msn accessory attachement

Yea I was talking about those that don't like using them like Chrono I presumed. I'm not sure about FFXI, did it have the amount of hotkeyed spells as WoW?

SeriousWB said:
gebx said:
SeriousWB said:

As for the 360, I'm sure a patch could make it keyboard friendly, its already sort of been done with the msn accessory attachement

Yea I was talking about those that don't like using them like Chrono I presumed. I'm not sure about FFXI, did it have the amount of hotkeyed spells as WoW?

Well the way they did the hotkeys was have a a drop-down set of 10 on L2 and one on R2, then after dropping either set down, you could hit up and down on the D-pad to toggle through which set of keys to use. At the time they gave you 10 sets of 20 keys, I heard they somehow bumped that up by some obscene amount.