By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Aliens: Colonial Marines announced for PC/360/PS3

Im a huge fan of the series. I am a big makeup effects fan. Ill give the game a try and maybe a buy.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
SeriousWB said:
Sqrl, how about like Ghost Recon maybe? I have't played BiA.

@Entroper: The question should be, how many of you haven't seen Aliens? I've seen them all, played near every game along with the Predator crossovers.

Yeah, the reason I ask is because Aliens (the second movie) is a MASSIVE icon in the sci-fi movie and gaming industry. Since I hadn't seen it until two weeks ago (I'm sure I've seen bits of it here and there on TV, but never a full viewing), I never realized just how many games either reference it or are based almost entirely on it.  There were so many moments when I watched it where I said to myself "wow, Half-Life" or "wow, Metroid" or "wow, <fill in scifi game here>".

Eh, if it's squad based I may give it a chance. Still feels a bit too "cash-in" to me, but oh well.

Humans = boring
put a PREDATOR squad istead.