By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How well does Fatal Frame sell?

FJ-Warez said:
So far there is 3 of this games...

First one: GC,PS2,XBOX
Second: PS2,XBOX
Third: PS2

So, the game doesn't sell like hotcakes or the devs didn't want to keep putting the game in other console, but if there is 4 maybe there is hope...

The first Fatal Frame wasn't released on the GameCube. FF4 will be the first time the series has appeared on any Nintendo console.

Soriku, I don't know exactly how well it sells, but it doesn't sell like hotcakes if that's what you're asking. 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:

So, the game doesn't sell like hotcakes or the devs didn't want to keep putting the game in other console, but if there is 4 maybe there is hope...

GC?  Not that I can recall or find listed.  You have everything else right though.

This will sell well if advertised correctly.  Then again that goes for most niche games anyway. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Soriku said:
I know it sells very well (esp. in Japan), but can anyone provide numbers? VG Chartz has no data.

I doubt it sells very well anywhere, even in Japan although it's probably its best market.  

In NA Fatal Frame 1 and 2 are very valuable on ebay or amazon because the game barely sold any copies then become kind of a minor underground hit over time.  I personally bought and sold it a few times from local pawn shops.

There's really no data out there but my guess is anything over 100k in japan is good.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Viper1 said:
FJ-Warez said:

GC? Not that I can recall or find listed. You have everything else right though.

This will sell well if advertised correctly. Then again that goes for most niche games anyway.

Yeah, l was wrong, sorry...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Just above worthless.

Fatal Frame (Released 2002 - NA)

2004.....Xbox.....PS2

Feb......1,455.....121
April.....1,227......51
Jun.........790......70
Dec......1,606.....257

Fatal Frame 2 (Released 2003 Nov - NA)

2004.....Xbox.....PS2
Feb..................5,215
April.................1,832
Jun..................1,254

Jan......1,155......333

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

Applying a curve of crap I came up with, you get this (This should give a general Idea and yes it is very inacurate)

Fatal Frame 2 NA

2003.....PS2
Nov.....40,000
Dec.....28,000
Jan.......9,000
Feb......5,215 (npd)
Mar......3,200
Apr......1,832 (npd)
May.....1,500
Jun......1,254 (npd)

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

when i first thought about getting into this series, my friend told me not to because he said it was a cross between pokemon snap and resident evil. HE LIED! lol. It's soo much more than that. the atmosphere is better than in RE, and the camera angle resembles a fps. Overall, this franchise is my favorite in the horror/ survival genre.