By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - GRAPHICS, OR GAMEPLAY?

I really do not care about the next gen-wars. I am tired of graphics with cut scenes that take up memory. How many of you care more about in-game graphics as opposed to cut screen cinema. It is allrigth and helps with the story but how many people agree that enough is enough, save some memory/talent to make all games, on all systems better. Am I alone wanting better in game as opposed to cut screen cinema at the end of levels?

Around the Network

Take up memory, no worries if you got plenty of it. Only on a technologically weak systems should you worry about that.

ps - you should play god of War, lacks cut scenes.

the reason cut-scenes are used is because the system is not capable of doing what they want to do. however, i think this gen the differences between the two will not be as huge, which could mean more focus on in-game stuff.

Gameplay is the most important to me! But i really do appreciate it when a game looks nice... Example: Hell im not gonna buy Spiderman 3 for Wiii! It looks like a freakin N64 game... I definitely want a game that looks good... But Gameplay is the highest standard for me!

THE NETHERLANDS

ehm why graphics or gameplay, it's better too have graphics and gameplay at AAAA+ lvl.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
ehm why graphics or gameplay, it's better too have graphics and gameplay at AAAA+ lvl.

And that is what I am talking about!!! Anyone play Gears of War for the 360??? I actually might buy a 360...been contemplating since my PS# is collecting dust and I have beat the games for the Wii. I do not get online to play games, so would the core be up my alley or what would be the advantage of the elite(besides gig) I mean are they making games that will only play on the elite?????

I have wondered this, In the future, would publishers make a game that is only playable with more gig or what? they wouldnt do that .....right??

Yeah but if you're budget/schedule is limited you can't always do both, and CGI scenes take longer and are more expensvie to make than in-game ones.

I'll take both.. there is no reason this gen (except on the Wii) to have great graphics and gameplay.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453