By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 8 million sellers! And other software sales...

Need for Prostreet just passed the 1 million mark at 1.01 million this week! That makes 8 million sellers on the PS3 now. Remember when it was stuck at two for a good part of the year?

Some other interesting tidbits...

COD4 quickly approaching Resistance in sales. 2.30 million for COD4 and 2.33 million for RFOM. Nothing against Resistance but those are amazing numbers for COD4 considering it came out a year later AND it's a multi-plat. Assassin's Creed also close at 2.19 million.

Ratchet and Clank and Heavenly Sword, widely considered flops sales-wise upon release, are now approaching the 1 million mark. 0.82m for R&C and 0.79m for HS. Along with GHIII, PS3 gains 3 more million sellers in the upcoming month? 

Around the Network

More power to it. Even though I prefer the other systems, I really cannot complain about the success of a video game console. I'm all about the promotion and success of the industry.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I still consider ratchet and heavenly sword to be sales flops, but they didn't end up doing quite as terribly as early sales indicated.

none of them will pass 1 million before next month though.

all round, ps3 software is doing pretty well, espescially cod4, DMC4 and assassins creed

I can't see Heavenly Sword making it till end of Spring.

By next month I mean March...but it could take longer.

Around the Network

for wii third party: no more heroes has had great legs so far.... despite being out for a much shorter period of time, US sales are up 100k over japanese sales.

tastyshovelware said:
for wii third party: no more heroes has had great legs so far.... despite being out for a much shorter period of time, US sales are up 100k over japanese sales.

Wow, talk about completly off-topic lol.

good for sony

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

--OkeyDokey-- said:

I still consider ratchet and heavenly sword to be sales flops, but they didn't end up doing quite as terribly as early sales indicated.

none of them will pass 1 million before next month though.

all round, ps3 software is doing pretty well, espescially cod4, DMC4 and assassins creed

Why would you consider those games flops? That makes no sence at all.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Why would you consider those games flops? That makes no sence at all.

Do you even have to ask?

Anyway, I have been browsing the sales figues myself, and quite a few games are nearing the 1 million mark:

Guitar Hero III will get there eventually thanks to its popularity in America. Right now its hanging at 830.000 which is quite alright.

Ratchet just crossed 820.000 aswell which will definitely indicate that the game will reach 1 million by the end of the first half year.

Heavenly sword... hmm... well it has gone past my expectations but I still remain skeptical.

DMC4 is a given. Its already at 470.000 copies sold at all debuts combined. This weeks sales should make it break 500.000~550.000.

Burnout may have a chance aswell, and if so it would be thanks to the European support.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.