By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Devil May Cry 4 game length?

Hi all, haven't been here a while, forgot how to use the search function. anyways, can someone tell me how long the devil may cry game 4 lasts?  i'm considering whether to buy it or just rent it and play it.  i'm a casual gamer that is not good with fighting games so i can't go through the game in super speed.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

Well, I've heard it's about the same length as Uncharted. I have DMC4, but haven't played it yet. I know it has 20 Missions though. 

Also depends on how you play...some people finished Heavenly Sword in 6 hours, some people 9-10 hours....since you're not an expert action gamer probably add a couple hours onto anything anybody tells you since most people that have already beaten it are hardcore gamers.

I've also heard it has rewards based on different difficulties, etc. So it's worth going back and beating it on a harder difficulty after "easy" so you can unlock more "accomplishments" for Home.

I'll probably start it tonight, so If nobody can answer you, I'll let you know in a few days.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Ummm my friend just beat it, not positive on the amount of actual game hours, but he beat it over the coarse of 4-5 days, and he does play everyday, sometimes only for an hour or two though. The games got great re playability and in my opinion is totally worth the cost of entry. Probably my second favorite in the series :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

So how many hours would you say? I think I beat heavenly sword over course of 3-4 days so I'd say around 8-10 hours. I rented that one though.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

A little off topic: If you save mid mission, where will you be when you reload. I don't see checkpoints or anything. Thanks

Around the Network

Devil Hunter mods should be around 15-20 hours. This isn't another Heavenly Sword. You don't have to worry about that.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I beat Devil Hunter mode on my first playthrough in just over 8hrs. Not a long game at all.

Lightning08 said:
I beat Devil Hunter mode on my first playthrough in just over 8hrs. Not a long game at all.

You're good. There are people that can beat Ninja Gaiden in 7-8 hours. It isn't mean the game is short for everyone. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Based on my experience it should take someone unfamiliar with the game at least 20 hours on Devil Hunter. Then the replayability on more difficult modes, much like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, could knock it to over 100 total (although I think this game probably isn't quite that long).

I bea tthe game in about 4-6 hours (it was one saturdays worth of play) it was really easy and i didnt find much replay value so i sold it yesterday