By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ea extends NFL exclusivity deal

Well thats stupid we all know the world will need 2012

on-topic: Anyway I don't know why EA is wasting resources on extending a deal. They should have used the money to create a new source of revenue. Anyway don't there NFL games sell regardless if they have competition or not.

Anyway dosen't affect me unless they somehow bought the NHL rights.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
This is pretty common practice in the videogame industry. Usually one publisher has the rights to a certain property, not two, or three, or more. Atari has Dragon Ball Z, EA has the NFL, 2K has the MLB, Activision has James Bond and Spiderman, THQ has WWE, Midway has TNA, etc. etc. Don't look SO surprised just because it's football.

2K doesn't have MLB rights. Sony has it's own on the Playstation consoles.

@ehsteve

They own third-party rights. They're the only 3rd party company that can make MLB games

Ok come on EA isn't that bad, don't tell me no one here didn't enjoy Madden 08, and even NHL 08 was awesome.

I know EA screwed up a lot of games but they still have great titles:

Medal of Honor, including Heroes 1 & 2
Rock Band
Need for Speed

cool48 said:
Ok come on EA isn't that bad, don't tell me no one here didn't enjoy Madden 08, and even NHL 08 was awesome.

Rock Band
Need for Speed

Yeah, EA sports Madden rocked this year! It came with a lot of good features and additions to the game this time. It sure was way better than all pro football( No franchise mode and the graphics weren't that great either)! Maybe 2k sports can come out with their own college football game,y haven't they did that? Madden nfl still is an awesome game with or without 2k's version!

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network
cool48 said:

Rock Band
Need for Speed

I thought Madden 08 was pretty bad. In my opinion, 05 was the last truly great Madden. 

I believe EA also has an exclusivity deal with the NCAA.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

tk1797 said:
@ehsteve

They own third-party rights. They're the only 3rd party company that can make MLB games

Strange... I never knew that existed

Madden 08 blows hard. A friend of mine gave it to me as a Birthday gift. I wish my friend had not.

Believe this or not, Madden 08 is better for the original XBOX then it is for the 360.

However, four more years of this isn't going to be good.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

^yeah...it's gonna have such a bad reputation after these next 4 years