By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the one thing that really bums me out about the ps3

"this page has become crazy with quote boxes."
there happy? =P

either way you're earning lots of $VG when someone posts
in your thread, be more positive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

^^

I'm just unhappy cause best buy only accepts 50$VG per transaction. How am I ever going to live the HD lifestyle at this rate?

^^
yeah that does suck, though Ive heard Circuit City doesnt only match that offer
they actually double it, you might want to try them. Though I have to warn you,
their customer service stinks! you only get a fraction of your $VG if you ask for a refund.
US laws somehow dont apply on $VG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

screw the man, always keeping me down.

ChronotriggerJM said:
DragonLord said:
One thing to keep in mind on game costs is that they ARE starting to drop dramatically...I'm STARTING to see many ps3 & 360 games for $20-$30 (and not all of them are crap games like Enchanted Arms). Yes the games are expensive at retail; however, they are starting to get some lower priced budget titles.

Game cost's aren't even that bad -_-; It's kind of funny, I'd see Ninty fanboi's laughing at PS3 and 360 owner's for having to pay $60 instead of $50, yet they forgot that N64 games were $70 in select stores >_>;;; and that's back when inflation was lower -_-;;; And nowaday's you can rent games and the like.

You can't assume that all "Nintendo fanboys" were "fanboys" during the Nintendo 64 era. Second of all, I'm curious as to why you're bringing up pricepoints from over 10 years ago. If you're so fixated on the past, maybe we should have more games with N64-esque graphics. The fact is, things change over time, and our expectations change according to that. One of the major reasons discs were more ideal than cartridges was the FACT that they were cheaper, so the fact that you're comparing cartridge game prices to discs is also questionable.

Anyway, I agree with the OP, but not just on the PS3. Unfortunately, none of the three main consoles have much of a balanced portfolio in terms of games spanning every genre. However, it's up to the 1st party company to create a diverse portfolio for 3rd parties to follow. If Microsoft spends most of their funds creating shooters, 3rd parties will follow suit. Nintendo met great success with games like Brain Age, which is why you see tons of shovelware "brain" games on the Wii and DS at the moment. If Sony is mainly pushing titles like Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, what are 3rd party developers going to do? 

Around the Network

wow dude, i hate how you said that sony doesnt care about hardcore gamers. maybe you should open up your fucking eyes, and look at the wide variety of games it has and games that are coming.

littlebigplanet is a non shooter rated e game thtas allows you to create levels and stuff.

mgs4 is a shooter but its more than your avg shooter like resistance or halo.

resistance 1 and 2 is your typical hardcore shooter.

gran turismo 5 is a driving simulator

uncharted is a single player game kinda like assasins creed cept with no sandbox

infamous is a sandbox game liek crackdown.

open ur fucking eyes dude

^^

who was that comment towards?

I'm assuming it was towards me or Sm4ckd0wn but I never made that comment and I'm pretty sure he didn't either.

I guess it was nice of you to keep the thread alive though, haha.

CaptainPrefrences said:
wow dude, i hate how you said that sony doesnt care about hardcore gamers. maybe you should open up your fucking eyes, and look at the wide variety of games it has and games that are coming.(aka, it will have about 8 good games in its lifetime, when the 360 had more then that in its last 1/4 this year)

littlebigplanet is a non shooter rated e game thtas allows you to create levels and stuff. (sounds like an attempt to amke a game for notHC gamers, but will prolly suck, or already does suck)

mgs4 is a shooter but its more than your avg shooter like resistance or halo. (MGS4 is good, but will be on the 360 within a year or 2)

resistance 1 and 2 is your typical hardcore shooter. (who can actually play with 64 peeps online wiht typical internet, and resitance is generic, didnt dring in anything new except some cool weapon selection)

gran turismo 5 is a driving simulator (and forza motorsports is still better, and forza is only on their 2nd try, GT5 is like a rerelease of a game made 10 years ago, and its still not that great)

uncharted is a single player game kinda like assasins creed cept with no sandbox (looks good, but how are the sales for it?)

infamous is a sandbox game liek crackdown. (so another 360 game rip off, great)

open ur fucking eyes dude(the ps3 is a failure)

let me fix this

done :D 

tastyshovelware said:
It's not the price, though I don't think I would ever pay more then $300 for a game console, no matter how much it does.

It's not the fact that it doesn't have as many great games as the 360, cause I know great games are on the way.

It's that sony went from truely caring about all gamers, and having something for everyone, to very suddenly being very tech and hardcore driven.

I know there is some downloadable content on the psn network, but it just seems so secondary. Hardcore games can be great, but for me, a unique, well thought out concept game can be just as good.

Look at the ps1, there were truely unique games that strived for a more outgoing audiance. Crash bandicoot: warped, spyro the dragon, intelligent cube, parappa the rapper, metal slug x, street fighter puzzle, etc. Sure, there were hardcore games, but there were also games that proved that budget isn't everything. Sometimes a unique, well thought out concept works just as well.

On to the ps2, you had games like , the adventures of cookie and cream, jak and daxter, maximo vs the army of zen, katamari damaci, rez, atelier iris, magic pengel, mr mosquito, klonoa 2, gitaroo man, etc. Once again, there were main stream hardcore titles, but there was something a bit more out there to counter them. Honestly, do you ever think you would see a game like gitaroo man as a non downloadable title on the ps3?

Now, I'm not looking to start any fights with ps supporters. In fact, I would love to be informed of games to counter my point. However, with game costs the way they are for the ps3 and 360, I don't feel like much is going to change in the near future.

lol you have no clue what you are talking about.

its been out for only a year and a few months, many devs have yet to even release their first PS3 game yet. 

Maybe do some research before you start a foolish thread, you know what google is ? 

McClarkles said:
2 things that really pissed me off were the now dualshock or rumble or wahtever you want to call it, and the sixaxis with mothion senseing and how every 4rd party devolper made games that suck using it, not that sony used it much better, like who actually wants to move there arms back and forth to Crawl?

English please?